UChicago's MAPH in Creative Writing VS. an MA in English at TTU

Ayvid_13

Hi, so here's the deal. I got accepted into UChicago's MAPH in Creative Writing with a scholarship of $12000  (of course, it isn't really much keeping  in mind the total tuition for the program.) I've also been accepted into an MA in English program with a creative writing concentration at Texas Tech University, which offers me a teaching stipend. The program at Texas Tech is decent (plus cheaper) and I've spoken to a few current graduate students and honestly, I was mentally prepared that I'd be accepting their offer. However, I didn't really expect UChicago to accept me. Naturally, I'm quite star-struck, well, because... University of Chicago. I've seen several opinions about this program but I just want to know what people's thoughts are about it anyway. Is the short length of the program an advantage or disadvantage? Is a two-year MA from a somewhat less reputed university better or worse than a nine-month program from a well-reputed one? Is the insane cost of an MAPH worth it? 

Edited by Ayvid_13