COVID-19 support (House of Klio edition)

Sigaba

The objective of this thread to provide support specifically for current and aspiring graduate students in history.

I ask that requests include basic information:

• areas/fields/methods
  • status (undergraduate, transitioning to graduate school, graduate student, preparing for quals, post quals/ABD, "dissertating," waiting to defend, done and looking for work)
  • a statement that summarizes the kind of support that is needed, and
  • a statement that indicates which measures have been tried.

The needed support can be technical, editorial (within limits),  intellectual, emotional and psychological.

Please note that all guidance provided in this thread is offered "as is." No warranties are provided nor implied. It is also assumed that individuals requesting support will do so in full and complete compliance with all policies governing academic support at their current institutions/programs/departments as well as the preferred institutions/programs/departments. (What this means is: Please do not ask for something--specific editorial recommendations-- that will put you in a bad place.)

For those members of the GradCafe who are history majors, please make sure that your profiles are up to date. There are a few very experienced and wise lurkers who are historians but haven't fleshed out your profiles. 

For those members of the GradCafe who are not history majors, I respectfully ask that you exercise care before offering general guidance or guidance based upon experiences in other fields. At the very least, please identify your discipline and your experience with a post. While there are elements of shared experience among all aspiring and current graduate students, the craft of history has its share of idiosyncrasies. Pitch perfect guidance for a graduate student in English may lead to mis-steps for a graduate student in history. @juilletmercredi is, it should go without saying, encouraged to reply.

Typically, I don't mind a level of high spirited debate with a barb or two cast here an there. For this thread, I'm asking that we all do our best to be the best versions of ourselves for each other and the craft of academic history.