NYU Fall 2020- International student, COVID?

elij1s

Any other international students out there in the process of accepting an offer to NYU for the Fall 2020 semester during the COVID-19 pandemic? Have you started your i-20 application?

I was hoping to attend Steinhardt for the Fall, but with everything going on, the uncertainty has me anxious in moving forward with my acceptance. Considering the cost of tuition, finding living arrangements, and other expenses, has the pandemic changed your plans? As of now, NYU plans to have in person classes this Fall, but who knows how things will move forward...

Do you think it's worth the cost for online classes? Have any of you experienced any other updates other than the extended tuition deposit deadline? 

Sorry for the amount of questions, but I haven't been able to connect with anyone in regards to the topic.

Thank you!

It seems that everything has been slowed down, even for I-20 and visa. Online teaching definitely has lots of downside, but it may save you from the sky high living expenses at NYC which I think is a good side. Just my opinion.

I'm facing a similar dilemma regarding my NYU acceptance, although I'm not an international student. I'd be moving from the west coast to NY, so I don't have to deal with visa stuff but I am worried about moving across the country/long term COVID effects on NYC/prospect of online classes. I was really excited about my program (Psychology, MA) but now I'm debating whether or not it makes sense to accept an offer when there's still so much uncertainty.

I'm not sure if this applies to Steinhardt as well, but I spoke to a woman from the Psych Dept. who said the admissions office will be pretty lenient with deferrals for the next year or so. She told me even if I accept my offer and put a tuition deposit down but decide in July/August that I'm not comfortable starting the program that I could defer to Spring 2021 or Fall 2021, which is good to know.

Not sure if this was helpful at all, but thought I'd share!