Fall 2020 On Campus Plans

GlobalHealthPolicyPhD

It's the question in the back of our heads...will we have on campus classes in the fall or is this the new normal? 

Anyone's school give them info? I'm guessing that schools are going to really try to push back start dates to recoup some $$$, but some might ultimately just postpone to next winter at earliest. Can you imagine being an administrator and having an outbreak happen on your watch? 

One way or another, it'd be nice to know sooner rather later before I plan moving...

I know that for my program (Public History MA at Colorado State University), they're expecting to hold classes in the fall and the GTA position that we received are secure, along with the benefits. I've been really worrying so I was glad to get more information. 

My university is in the epicenter, and there has been no mention of canceling the fall semester. Things may be online going into the fall as they are now, but the likelihood of straight up canceling/postponing I think is slim. 

11 hours ago, PsyDuck90 said:

My university is in the epicenter, and there has been no mention of canceling the fall semester. Things may be online going into the fall as they are now, but the likelihood of straight up canceling/postponing I think is slim. 

Oh, I agree there won't be any classes cancelled. The question for me I guess is whether they'll be virtual or not.

All the schools I've been admitted to for Masters of Urban Planning have all re-affirmed that Fall 2020 will be happening on schedule, as well as planning for in-person but will have a online back-up plan if needed. I would reach out to your specific program however and ask them.

HGSE said 2020-21 will either be partically online or completely online. My master's program is only one year long, if it's completely online, I'll get my degree without ever been to cambridge. I'm devastated. 

• 2 weeks later...