Looking for Material Suggestions in Building a Free GRE Study Resource-

abandoned-account

I'm in the process of building a free GRE study resource for myself and others aiming to improve their GRE scores (you can check it out here: [removed]). I'm looking for resources to add to the different sections.

I'm looking for notes, lesson plans, readings, websites, etc. So long as the material is something you can find online or that doesn't require copyright permissions forms (like notes you've taken from a published work and are willing to share)--I hope you all will be willing to share or suggest. Thank you!  

18 hours ago, wood197 said:

I'm in the process of building a free GRE study resource for myself and others aiming to improve their GRE scores (you can check it out here: [removed]). I'm looking for resources to add to the different sections.

I'm looking for notes, lesson plans, readings, websites, etc. So long as the material is something you can find online or that doesn't require copyright permissions forms (like notes you've taken from a published work and are willing to share)--I hope you all will be willing to share or suggest. Thank you!  

HI. Could you please clarify something.

Are you using that resources as a means of generating revenue for your "proofreading, copy and line editing, and developmental editing services"?

Hi @Sigaba, 

In answer to your question: No. The website will be free to view as long as I'm running it. I am making this as a free resource for people that are studying for the GREs (like myself). I don't want there to be a cost to use this site. I will be sharing everything that I have access to that is not covered by copyright (such as word definitions for words, or notes I take from books, tutoring, or videos, etc.). I'm editing/writing up notes and such on the website, but that is to check, to the best of my ability, that copyrights aren't violated. I do have a donation spot on GoFundMe for the project, but that is not a requirement to use. Even if no one donates, the resource will be free since that is part of the goal (the main goal being to create a digital "notebook" for GRE studies).

I'm still not used to TheGradCafe yet. I hope no one minds if I reply to this topic with my updates from the website in addition to answer questions or responding to others. I'm hoping that logging any update I make will help me track what's getting done. 

GOAL: Update the website daily!

Today, 28 April 2020: 

• Current Focus: GRE Lit. Specific pages.
  • Updated With: Q&As 1-11 from the ETS Practice Book on the GRE Lit. Specific main page of website. 
Edited by telkanuru
removed link

14 hours ago, wood197 said:

Hi @Sigaba, 

In answer to your question: No. The website will be free to view as long as I'm running it. I am making this as a free resource for people that are studying for the GREs (like myself). I don't want there to be a cost to use this site. I will be sharing everything that I have access to that is not covered by copyright (such as word definitions for words, or notes I take from books, tutoring, or videos, etc.). I'm editing/writing up notes and such on the website, but that is to check, to the best of my ability, that copyrights aren't violated. I do have a donation spot on GoFundMe for the project, but that is not a requirement to use. Even if no one donates, the resource will be free since that is part of the goal (the main goal being to create a digital "notebook" for GRE studies).

I don't think that you're answering my question directly so I will be more direct.

Are you offering complimentary GRE prep resources as a tactic to draw visits to your website so that you may sell your work?

On 4/29/2020 at 11:15 AM, Sigaba said:

I don't think that you're answering my question directly so I will be more direct.

Are you offering complimentary GRE prep resources as a tactic to draw visits to your website so that you may sell your work?

Hi @Sigaba

I'm sorry. I thought I was being clear. As I answered before: No. I am not using this project to "draw visits" or to sell my work. 

The GRE prep website is under a different URL then my work/portfolio website.

I started the GRE prep website as a digital notebook for myself and thought I would share what I was using to study. I hope others will share too (as many do on blogs, topic discussions, and such), hence my starting this topic on thegradcafe.com. 

Does this help answer your question?

--Peggy

Edited by telkanuru
removed link

(I'm still not used to TheGradCafe yet. I hope no one minds if I reply to this topic with my updates from the website in addition to answer questions or responding to others. I'm hoping that logging updates I make will help me track what's getting done.)

GOAL: Update the website daily!

Today, 29 April 2020: 

• Current Focus: GRE Lit. Specific pages.
  • Updated With: Q&As 12-26 from the ETS Practice Book on the GRE Lit. Specific main page of website + Changed colors to #7b8fcf

(I'm still not used to TheGradCafe yet. I hope no one minds if I reply to this topic with my updates from the website in addition to answer questions or responding to others. I'm hoping that logging updates I make will help me track what's getting done.) I forgot to post this yesterday:

GOAL: Update the website daily!

Yesterday, 30 April 2020

• Current Focus: Updating GRE Lit. Specific pages.
  • Updated With: Reviewed YaleCourses on YouTube and added two to Lit. Specific subpages; Added more YaleCourses to list of resources to review; Reorganized Lit. Spec. pages to better match testing material outline and updated vocabulary under lit. analysis; color changes: 7b8fcf -> 4b66bd -> 4161b6