Official Acceptances

UndergradDad

Sent in the letter accepting admissions offer on April 9 but still haven't received an official acceptance and welcome letter yet.

Called a few times but wasn't able to reach anyone. 

Has everyone who accepted offers already heard back from their schools do you think? Getting concerned with the current Covid situation and want to make sure I get that admissions letter.

• 3 weeks later...

I never received an official letter giving congratulations, but I did get an email notification with instructions on how to set up my student account. That's why I assume I've been officially entered into their system. If that hasn't happened to you yet, I would recommend you get in contact with your advisor and ask for their help/let them know about your situation since you haven't been able to reach the office.

2 hours ago, joysii said:

I never received an official letter giving congratulations, but I did get an email notification with instructions on how to set up my student account. That's why I assume I've been officially entered into their system. If that hasn't happened to you yet, I would recommend you get in contact with your advisor and ask for their help/let them know about your situation since you haven't been able to reach the office.

Did you got info on admissions in any other form?

I got dumb set up your student account emails from places that forgot to tell me they rejected me (some schools never did - even 2 years later haha). 

7 hours ago, PokePsych said:

Did you got info on admissions in any other form?

I got dumb set up your student account emails from places that forgot to tell me they rejected me (some schools never did - even 2 years later haha). 

You have a good point -- I've received those generic emails and even made 1 or 2 of those accounts as well, but I think if you actually try to create the account you'll be able to tell if it's a general admitted student account or an actual student account that can reassure you you're in the system.

In my case, when I made the admitted student accounts, I just wanted to see what was available on the websites (like university promo videos) and it had personalized info like the fin aid package they were offering me. But for the actual student account, the email alert was in my inbox the day after I submitted my SIR and I could tell right away it was a student portal for things like registering for classes and paying tuition. I'm an international student, so I also saw notifications to submit paperwork in order to receive my I-20 (which is needed to get a student visa). You should also be able to find somewhere a student ID the school has issued you/you need to set up. This is different from the admitted student IDs schools hand out before you make a admissions decision.

You may also want to make sure it's not some sort of mundane issue like needing to mail an official transcript. Many schools who allow students to apply with electronic or scanned transcripts will request a hard copy mailed to them prior to sending an official letter of admission. If that's a hoop you'll need to jump through, that information should be readily available on the admissions website or in any of your earlier communications with the university/application server.