U Chicago MAPSS, App Deadline

I am interested in the MAPSS program (diverse interests, but foremost political theory). Time permitting, it would be nice to be able to apply this cycle. The extended deadline is May 15th, but I am wondering if there is any potential wiggle room. Does anyone know if the program might be inclined to accept applications after the listed deadline? 

4 hours ago, secondarydefinitions said:

I am interested in the MAPSS program (diverse interests, but foremost political theory). Time permitting, it would be nice to be able to apply this cycle. The extended deadline is May 15th, but I am wondering if there is any potential wiggle room. Does anyone know if the program might be inclined to accept applications after the listed deadline? 

Mapss alum here. Just send the app in. Letters of rec have a little slack, but best to have materials in on time, as committees view shortly after submission. In your interest as well to get it in sooner, as they're figuring out aid for fourth years and other applicants. Really think about what you want out of MAPSS and if it would be worth it for you professionally. Market is shit and UofC tends to be a bit dishonest in their placement, as most schools, so just take it all w a grain of salt. 

8 hours ago, e2e4 said:

Mapss alum here. Just send the app in. Letters of rec have a little slack, but best to have materials in on time, as committees view shortly after submission. In your interest as well to get it in sooner, as they're figuring out aid for fourth years and other applicants. Really think about what you want out of MAPSS and if it would be worth it for you professionally. Market is shit and UofC tends to be a bit dishonest in their placement, as most schools, so just take it all w a grain of salt. 

Sounds like the app remains open after the deadline passes? Regardless, as luck would have it, the deadline just got extended to June 1st. I think the program is a very good fit, given my interests and circumstances. Thanks for the advice. 

Edited by secondarydefinitions

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2020 at 12:15 PM, secondarydefinitions said:

Sounds like the app remains open after the deadline passes? Regardless, as luck would have it, the deadline just got extended to June 1st. I think the program is a very good fit, given my interests and circumstances. Thanks for the advice. 

So long as you can pay for it...

(coming from a MAPSS alum)