Best computational / systems biology programs?

Lalapa

Hey Lalapa,

It depends on what subjects you are most interested in studying in those fields.  I would suggest looking through departments/reading recent papers relevant to your field of interest and identifying faculty at different schools that you would want to do research under.  From this point, you can start to deduce what your top programs will be.  I personally don't find published rankings super helpful, because they don't show what your priorities are in a graduate school.  Something I did which was super helpful was to identify factors that I want in a graduate program, score each program based off of those factors (subjective, but still helpful), add weights to each factor based on those factors' priority levels, multiply each program's factor scores with their respective weights, and then sum these numbers to create a final "score" for each institution based off of that, which you can arrange in numerical order to see what schools are best for your interests.

If you want to rely on published rankings, I would suggest looking at programs ranked highly in both computer science and biology.

Cheers :)