Same GRE Requirements?

Does anyone have insight as to whether or not the GRE will be required for all schools next year, given the COVID-19 situation? I will be applying to schools next year to then start grad school in the fall of 2021. With this timeline, I was planning on taking the GRE this summer, likely in August or September. I'm feeling discouraged because I was planning on taking a GRE prep course this summer (I haven't taken math since high school so I need all the help I can get for that portion) but that course now isn't being offered because of the virus. When I google it, I see a handful of schools are waiving their GRE requirement but I don't want to assume that all schools are doing that. I guess I'm just wondering if there's anyone on here who knows what the application process might look like in the fall - if it will be any different or if I should just proceed like normal? Also, if I do take the GRE in August/September, will it be in person or online?

Such a crazy and uncertain time. ?

2 hours ago, thewonderingduck said:

Does anyone have insight as to whether or not the GRE will be required for all schools next year, given the COVID-19 situation? I will be applying to schools next year to then start grad school in the fall of 2021. With this timeline, I was planning on taking the GRE this summer, likely in August or September. I'm feeling discouraged because I was planning on taking a GRE prep course this summer (I haven't taken math since high school so I need all the help I can get for that portion) but that course now isn't being offered because of the virus. When I google it, I see a handful of schools are waiving their GRE requirement but I don't want to assume that all schools are doing that. I guess I'm just wondering if there's anyone on here who knows what the application process might look like in the fall - if it will be any different or if I should just proceed like normal? Also, if I do take the GRE in August/September, will it be in person or online?

Such a crazy and uncertain time. ?

If you have specific schools in mind you can check with them to see if they are waiving their GRE requirement. I'm sure some will and many won't. I'm planning to take the GRE a 2nd time later this summer and I'm thinking that as states begin/continue to reopen there will be testing sites that reopen - I'd prefer to take at a center vs. at home but at home may continue to be an option. Check out reddit /GRE and there are lots of good resources and recommendations for Quant prep. I used Magoosh the first time around and it's good for quant - good luck!

I'm assuming the GRE is still going to be required since some centers are doing an online version of the GRE. At least my local center is. I agree with the poster above that Magoosh is highly helpful!! I can't really see the GRE being waived maybe deadlines extending to allow more time to take the GRE.