Audiology Applicants Fall 2021

liketobeaud

Just now, jackieg123 said:

@Rcwilley99

I got a phone call from Carmel Nicol earlier with an acceptance offer, she said that she may be calling other people tomorrow from the waitlist for offers since the admissions committee got back to her later in the day today. Good luck!

That’s awesome! So happy for you! I really hope I get in. I guess if I don’t get a call tomorrow then it’s probably not going to happen. I might try again next year. We’ll see.  Again, good luck to you!

2 minutes ago, jackieg123 said:

@Rcwilley99

I got a phone call from Carmel Nicol earlier with an acceptance offer, she said that she may be calling other people tomorrow from the waitlist for offers since the admissions committee got back to her later in the day today. Good luck!

If you don’t mind me asking how late did she call you today and did she say how many spots were left?

Just now, Rcwilley99 said:

If you don’t mind me asking how late did she call you today and did she say how many spots were left?

She called me right around 5pm, she said she was about to head home but she knew that I had been anxiously waiting. She didn’t say how many spots were left but that she will most likely be giving the other calls in the next couple days. From what she said I have assumed that the admissions committee did make the decisions for the offers off of the waitlist, she just hasn’t contacted everyone yet. Best of luck to you! I hope to see you in the Fall!

• 4 weeks later...

hello all! i'm a current junior/ incoming senior and so i have apps this fall! i've been creeping on this forum this app cycle just to get an idea of the general timing of things. i did want to reach out now that most people have made a decision and know where they're going and reach out about the following schools: SDSU/UCSD, Lamar, UT Austin, UT Dallas, UNT, and Texas Tech. i live in texas so im trying to stay in-state, so any insight or advice for these programs are super appreciated! i'm super stressed since i have little to no volunteering or shadowing experience due to COVID but my general stats are: 3.98 GPA, 3.95 major GPA, and 157V/161Q/5.5W GRE. i have 2 recommenders set so far and am confident they would say really good things, but i'm still nervous about having a shot. any advice/ input/ recommendations/ etc would be super appreciated! <3 

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2021 at 11:01 AM, liketobeaud said:

I was waitlisted yesterday, but declined a spot as an alternate. 

Hi! Do you by chance remember how the interview went or what sorts of questions they asked? Anything out of the ordinary? I have mine coming up and I'm a little nervous!