I've been looking into the MA programme at John Cabot University based in Rome, and I was wondering what people thought of it? If anyone has been through the programme or is looking into it as well? And if anyone disapproves then for what reasons?

• 1 month later...

One of my former students is at John Cabot. The program offers incomparable access to actual artifacts, but from what I understand, there is little support from the program director/advisor (doesn't even answer emails). It seems like a great opportunity if you can develop a strong bond with your colleagues, but perhaps isn't great if you go in without some pre-existing knowledge of art-historical/museum practices.

I would suggest digging into Methods & Theories of Art History by Anne D'Alleva and The Elements of Academic Style: Writing for The Humanities by Eric Hayot to help equip you with some useful tools. As a current PhD student, I wish I would have known about these a long, long time ago.