STEM designated quantitative programs in policy schools?

UChicago's MSCAPP is also STEM designated: https://capp.uchicago.edu/page/frequently-asked-questions#STEM-OPT

Additionally, Harris is known for its quantitative rigor. I considered this program when I first started looking into graduate programs, so let me know if you want more details, as I may have bothered admissions a bit too much with my questions!

On 7/18/2020 at 2:06 PM, woolscarves said:

I'm at the Heinz College at Carnegie Mellon in the Public Policy & Management - Data Analytics program. It's a STEM program and has an extremely strong emphasis on quantitative elements. Happy to answer any questions that you might have about it.

Will vouch that is an awesome program. 

• 2 months later...

I just went through this last year (was looking for the same thing as you) and ended up at the University of Minnesota's MS in Science, Technology, and Environmental Policy (MS-STEP) at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs. Despite the program's name, it's definitely more environmental policy-heavy in emphasis than tech policy-heavy in emphasis, so that may or may not be what you're looking for (but it was what I was looking for, so I'm satisfied).

The program has a core quant course requirement, so everyone needs to take a few specific quant courses, but then you can fill in with pretty much as much quant as you want for that. There are plenty of quant courses in the School of Public Affairs specifically, but the school seems to also offer quite a bit of wiggle room (for example, if you want to take some sort of advanced level stats class that's in the math department, not the School of Public Affairs, I doubt you'd run into any issues getting approval to do so).

Many students in the STEP program also work in labs, so that may of be of interest to you.