SDSU MSW Fall 2021

anhkimchi

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi again :) 

Yes, I applied for the 2-year Direct Practice program on November 6th. I just checked my application status through the portal and it said that the department is reviewing it. Which concentration did you apply for?

• 2 months later...

Hi :) I have not heard anything yet. I've heard that SDSU is very competitive. On their website they said that they admit around 100 MSW students out of the 450 that apply. However, due to COVID, A LOT more people applied this year.

For those of you who said they checked the portal and the department is reviewing it, what are you referring to? I didn't see info stated like that in Interfolio or Cal-State Apply. Curious how many of you have also applied to the SDSU MFT program? I already found out I didn't make it to the interview rounds. Pretty bummed about that and worried that CSU SM and SDSU MSW programs are also going to be highly competitive, the other MSW schools I applied to. I worry that my undergraduate CUM GPA of 3.18 is pretty low, though grad school was 3.64, which is an improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not yet heard back but I did not know that a lot more people applied this year due to COVID. I thought it would be the opposite haha, now I'm a bit worried. SDSU has been a dream of mine. 

Last week I checked my Interfolio and saw that SDSU extended their due date deadline to February 2nd. Did anyone know about this?

On 2/5/2021 at 1:19 PM, Magic Carpet Ride said:

For those of you who said they checked the portal and the department is reviewing it, what are you referring to? I didn't see info stated like that in Interfolio or Cal-State Apply. Curious how many of you have also applied to the SDSU MFT program? I already found out I didn't make it to the interview rounds. Pretty bummed about that and worried that CSU SM and SDSU MSW programs are also going to be highly competitive, the other MSW schools I applied to. I worry that my undergraduate CUM GPA of 3.18 is pretty low, though grad school was 3.64, which is an improvement.

Hi! Separate from CalState apply and interfolio, they have an admissions portal where it will state your acceptance. I type in to google "SDSU admission status" to google and it pops up under a page called "I have already applied". From there you login with your RedID and password and click on admission status! And I'm extremely worried as well. I just graduated from undergrad last year, I have a 3.9 GPA but only two years of experience so I'm not sure how that will compare to other applicants. I wouldn't worry though, GPA is definitely not the only thing they consider!! 

Edited by fiofarrell17

13 hours ago, anhkimchi said:

I have not yet heard back but I did not know that a lot more people applied this year due to COVID. I thought it would be the opposite haha, now I'm a bit worried. SDSU has been a dream of mine. 

Last week I checked my Interfolio and saw that SDSU extended their due date deadline to February 2nd. Did anyone know about this?

I also though it would be less people applying this year, definitely makes me more scared:( I did see that also! I noticed that one of my documents uploaded wrong a few weeks ago and I reached out to the admissions team about it, and mentioned the Feb 2nd deadline. Based on what the woman was saying, it didn't actually get extended and they still required all documents to be submitted by Dec 15th, so I'm not sure why it switched on Interfolio. 

I'm really worried too, it's one of my top choices! Fingers crossed for us both:)

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone, 

I am reaching out to see if any of you have heard any news regarding your admission decisions? I am in a unique scenario of applying to the dual MSW/MPH program unsure whether or not that has any bearing on when I might head back from the school. Have any of you applied for the dual program? Thank you for any help and I hope you all hear good news. 

34 minutes ago, Msw246 said:

Hello Everyone, 

I am reaching out to see if any of you have heard any news regarding your admission decisions? I am in a unique scenario of applying to the dual MSW/MPH program unsure whether or not that has any bearing on when I might head back from the school. Have any of you applied for the dual program? Thank you for any help and I hope you all hear good news. 

Hi! I applied just for the regular MSW program, but someone posted on another thread that SDSU let them know they would be sending out decisions starting in early April! 

2 minutes ago, Msw246 said:

Congratulations! That is incredible news. Do you plan on attending? 

Thank you!!:) I'm between SDSU and UCLA right now, this weekend I'm going to take some time to really learn about each program and see what the best fit is for me! 

33 minutes ago, fiofarrell17 said:

Thank you!!:) I'm between SDSU and UCLA right now, this weekend I'm going to take some time to really learn about each program and see what the best fit is for me! 

I hope to be in the same boat. I got into UCLA and waiting for SDSU. UCLA did not offer any scholarships or aid outside of loans so I am hoping SDSU offers some form of aid.

5 minutes ago, Msw246 said:

I hope to be in the same boat. I got into UCLA and waiting for SDSU. UCLA did not offer any scholarships or aid outside of loans so I am hoping SDSU offers some form of aid.

Where did you see the financial aid from UCLA? I haven't seen it anywhere! I also can't seem to find where SDSU's offer is either, but it might not have been processed yet since I just heard back. 

6 minutes ago, fiofarrell17 said:

Where did you see the financial aid from UCLA? I haven't seen it anywhere! I also can't seem to find where SDSU's offer is either, but it might not have been processed yet since I just heard back. 

If you have created a "MyUCLA" account your provisional offer letter disclosing your financial aid offer will be there. 

2 minutes ago, Msw246 said:

If you have created a "MyUCLA" account your provisional offer letter disclosing your financial aid offer will be there. 

ahhh thank you! Apparently I never entered my social security number in to the UCLA application so they couldn't match my fafsa lol oops, hopefully it gets processed soon ish! And I will let you know if I hear anything regarding the sdsu aid!

4 minutes ago, fiofarrell17 said:

ahhh thank you! Apparently I never entered my social security number in to the UCLA application so they couldn't match my fafsa lol oops, hopefully it gets processed soon ish! And I will let you know if I hear anything regarding the sdsu aid!

Sounds great, thank you.