SDSU MSW Fall 2021

anhkimchi

1 minute ago, Msw1606 said:

Oh nice!! When did you receive the information for the placement. I haven’t received anything of that sort from CSUSM. 

Have you already accepted your spot at CSUSM and paid the intent to enroll fee? If you've accepted your spot I think you should receive information on where you're placed soon! I just received my placement 2 days ago

3 minutes ago, anhkimchi said:

Have you already accepted your spot at CSUSM and paid the intent to enroll fee? If you've accepted your spot I think you should receive information on where you're placed soon! I just received my placement 2 days ago

Yes I did! I hope to hear from them soon then?

Hi guys! I applied to SDSU's MSW program and I am STILL waiting to hear back. I had received an email late March informing us that all applicants would know by the end of April. Soooo still on a waiting game for me. 

6 hours ago, Briar said:

Hi guys! I applied to SDSU's MSW program and I am STILL waiting to hear back. I had received an email late March informing us that all applicants would know by the end of April. Soooo still on a waiting game for me. 

You are not alone in this wait... ! Still haven't heard anything. Feeling sick to my stomach at this point. I applied to MSW Community Development and Administration 3 yr track. 

? hang in there @Briar

26 minutes ago, Mi6helle said:

You are not alone in this wait... ! Still haven't heard anything. Feeling sick to my stomach at this point. I applied to MSW Community Development and Administration 3 yr track. 

? hang in there @Briar

27 minutes ago, Mi6helle said:

? hang in there @Briar

glad to know I'm not the only one that's still in this waiting game! I know on their MSW frequently asked questions it says that we will hear back anywhere from August 15-June 5th but that email said the end of April so I'm hoping they are still staying true to that!! I am currently a senior getting my bachelors in sociology, are just graduating as well? 

4 hours ago, Mi6helle said:

? hang in there @Briar

hi guys! Still waiting also.... so according to their e-mail we should all know our status by tomorrow right? ??

31 minutes ago, Msw1606 said:

hi guys! Still waiting also.... so according to their e-mail we should all know our status by tomorrow right? ??

That makes 4 of us I think. Also waiting to hear back and also got the email in the beginning of March saying that we should know by end of April. The anxiety is slowly killing me lol. My guess is that should be the case. 

I'm there, too! I got accepted to San Marcos' MSW program back in mid-March and feels like it's a forever waiting game for SDSU. I was about to send an email to Kellie Scott, the Admissions Director, tomorrow - but if none of y'all have heard anything about your statuses, I'm thinking maybe I should hold off. I also applied for the three-year program and thought maybe it was an error that I haven't heard back. It's comforting to know I'm not alone! Hugs to my fellow anxious applicants!

7 hours ago, Magic Carpet Ride said:

I'm there, too! I got accepted to San Marcos' MSW program back in mid-March and feels like it's a forever waiting game for SDSU. I was about to send an email to Kellie Scott, the Admissions Director, tomorrow - but if none of y'all have heard anything about your statuses, I'm thinking maybe I should hold off. I also applied for the three-year program and thought maybe it was an error that I haven't heard back. It's comforting to know I'm not alone! Hugs to my fellow anxious applicants!

I did email the MSW admissions on Monday asking if they still expected everyone to know by the end of April and they still have not got back to me!! Also.. no email yet either!! 

11 hours ago, Msw1606 said:

According to the email, yes!! I still have not got anything.. have you!?

8 hours ago, Magic Carpet Ride said:

I’m on the same boat as you ? I did try to email but got thing back. This is so not cool ? i hope they send out something today.

23 hours ago, Briar said:

glad to know I'm not the only one that's still in this waiting game! I know on their MSW frequently asked questions it says that we will hear back anywhere from August 15-June 5th but that email said the end of April so I'm hoping they are still staying true to that!! I am currently a senior getting my bachelors in sociology, are just graduating as well? 

That's cool also was a Soc. Major. And no I graduated last year from Csun :) it's crazy to see how many of us are still on the waiting zone. At this point I'm just assuming it's a combination of who's accepted and enrolled and also reviewing apps.. 

Just now, Magic Carpet Ride said:

I don't really think we will all hear from them today. This whole process and their lack of communication and responsiveness has been very stressful.

True, I also don't think we'll be hearing from them today.  So I hope the update us again as to where application process is soon.. 

44 minutes ago, Magic Carpet Ride said:

I've never received any general email communications regarding the timelines - I only was told the end of April because I reached out to admissions directly, but would have never known if I hadn't reached out. I don't think I'm on their email listserv ?

I know at one point their emails were going to my junk file for some weird reason, so you could always check there to double check that your email isn't mistaking them for spam or something! I got that email back at the end of March from them! 

20 minutes ago, Briar said:

I know at one point their emails were going to my junk file for some weird reason, so you could always check there to double check that your email isn't mistaking them for spam or something! I got that email back at the end of March from them! 

Yeah...I just never have been on their list and I have never received any communications that made it to my spam folder. Just gave up on it.

Real talk...I think we need to go by what the program website says, since I have found the Admissions folks to be pretty all over the place. "Decision letters are emailed between April 15 and June 5. Wait list students will be notified the first week of June."

So really, we might have another month and five days of waiting...I think we should maybe just accept it and if it ends up being earlier, that would be fabulous of course.