SDSU MSW Fall 2021

anhkimchi

2 hours ago, remdom said:

Hi everyone! I just got accepted to SDSU’s 2-year program yesterday! :)

That’s awesome !! Do you know if they will offer the 3 year program to those who don’t get accepted into the 2 year program ? 

On 3/19/2021 at 1:30 PM, Veevee said:

That’s awesome !! Do you know if they will offer the 3 year program to those who don’t get accepted into the 2 year program ? 

I honestly have no idea about that! Sorry ?

On 3/28/2021 at 6:29 AM, Y0gi said:

For those who received an admission, will you be accepting? Also, did SDSU give a deadline to respond by? 

Still waiting over here. I was able to access the portal, so thanks for sharing that info!

April 15th is the deadline they gave me! Will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I recently emailed the head of admissions again regarding admissions decisions. I would be surprised if she does not get back to me today. I declined my offer to SJSU, with the deadline for my decision being today. I am crossing my fingers to hear back from SDSU by no later than the beginning of next week, with my deadline for UCLA being the 15th. I hope we all hear good news soon. 

1 hour ago, Msw246 said:

I got notified two days ago and I did not get in. I will be attending UCLA! I hope you hear good news!!!

Thank for sharing! You applied to the 3 year program? Congratulations on UCLA!!! ?

2 hours ago, Y0gi said:

Thank for sharing! You applied to the 3 year program? Congratulations on UCLA!!! ?

I applied to the three year dual MSW/MPH program. I got notified around 6 pm on April 7th. Thank you! I am excited and nervous to begin my msw journey

1 hour ago, Msw1606 said:

Any news guys... I am still waiting ? I am afraid I didn’t get in. I applied for the 2 year program and already got denied for the title IV interview. Am I out out?

I got an email last week, but this morning I received the formal "Check Grad Portal" email to confirm for a second time that I got denied...lol

Be on the lookout! You should be hearing anytime now. 

13 minutes ago, Msw246 said:

I got an email last week, but this morning I received the formal "Check Grad Portal" email to confirm for a second time that I got denied...lol

ah man! I’m sorry.... this whole process has been beyond stressful! I know I for sure did not get the stipend interview... I’m hoping I still have a chance but I’m not sure ?

Just now, Msw1606 said:
16 minutes ago, Msw246 said:

ah man! I’m sorry.... this whole process has been beyond stressful! I know I for sure did not get the stipend interview... I’m hoping I still have a chance but I’m not sure ?

1 hour ago, Msw1606 said:

No worries, It is all good. As frustrating and a shot at my ego, I will rebound. I am now set on my grad program and put all my attention there. I spoke several times with the head of Social Work admissions, and she disclosed that there nearly double the number of applicants. So rather than beating ourselves up, we need to remind ourselves that we are just competing against not just one year of applicants but two years' worth, and everyone is competitive and deserving of a spot. Keep your head up and remind yourself that you have done everything you can up to this point. 

21 minutes ago, Msw246 said:

No worries, It is all good. As frustrating and a shot at my ego, I will rebound. I am now set on my grad program and put all my attention there. I spoke several times with the head of Social Work admissions, and she disclosed that there nearly double the number of applicants. So rather than beating ourselves up, we need to remind ourselves that we are just competing against not just one year of applicants but two years' worth, and everyone is competitive and deserving of a spot. Keep your head up and remind yourself that you have done everything you can up to this point.

thank you so much for your response, I definitely needed it! Best of luck with your endeavors ?

On 3/19/2021 at 1:28 PM, Veevee said:

Has anyone received an email to interview for the title IV-E stipend before receiving an acceptance letter to the MSW program? This happened to me and I am confused about it. 

Hi ? I am on the same boat as you... did you end up hearing back yet?? This waiting game is driving me nuts ?

On 4/20/2021 at 12:17 AM, anhkimchi said:

Hi everyone, I still haven't heard back yet either. I already confirmed my spot for CSUSM 2 year program, I do wish to attend SDSU if i get in!

I still have not heard back either ?? I also hot into the CSUSM 2 year program, waiting in SDSU ??

On 4/27/2021 at 6:28 PM, Msw1606 said:

I still have not heard back either ?? I also hot into the CSUSM 2 year program, waiting in SDSU ??

I've already accepted my spot for CSUSM and I'm interviewing for my field placement this week. I'm already settled for CSUSM I'm not sure if I will accept my spot for SDSU anymore even if I get in

13 minutes ago, anhkimchi said:

I've already accepted my spot for CSUSM and I'm interviewing for my field placement this week. I'm already settled for CSUSM I'm not sure if I will accept my spot for SDSU anymore even if I get in

Oh nice!! When did you receive the information for the placement. I haven’t received anything of that sort from CSUSM.