COVID

test12341234

I still plan on attending. I think I may have more comfort with the online environment as I've been designing online learning for the past few years and coordinating w/ a research team overseas (so by nature, having all Zoom meetings). There are absolutely road blocks for productivity in that format, but the online format is just a tool - it works the way you use it. It can also be a good help for productivity (you're not wasting time traveling) - Like most things, it just depends.

I may have deferred if I was doing a 1 year masters, but I'm starting a PhD. I hope (dear God, I hope) my entire program wont be online, so it made sense to get started.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still attending my master's program, however, because of COVID I lost my job in March and was unable to attend my first choice school & program. I am attending my second choice school & program instead because they offered me a research assistantship and full tuition (my top choice offered me full tuition, but no assistantship and I would have to move across the country). Has anyone else experienced the same? This pandemic has set back my career plans by at least 3 years... I'm having a really difficult time coping with this.

• 3 months later...

I withdrew my application for a school I was waitlisted on in April when they informed me that due to the unexpected circumstances, tuition reimbursement and stipends would be cut for incoming students. Hoping that department has properly readjusted their funding for Fall 2021 applicants