Best Schools - Industrial Organization Psychology

Aminta Greene

Hey all - I am trying to narrow down my list of Industrial Organizational Psych. Master's programs to 10. I currently am down to 11. I am really looking for Scientist-Practitioner, I/O Balanced, low costs, good faculty, preferably in an urban area for internships, small class sizes, quant/stats heavy, & positive program reputation for the sake of employment opportunities... Which program(s) should I eliminate (and why).

* Texas A&M * Florida Institute of Tech. *UT Arlington * UTC Chattanooga *Akron *George Mason * Middle Tennessee State University * University of West Florida *San Diego State *Indiana University Indianapolis (Purdue) * Minnesota State University – Mankato, Minnesota

** Am I missing any great IO Master's programs that fit my criteria? And which should I take off my list? Thank you. 

Edited by Aminta Greene

I would recommend Hofstra University and Baruch College! Both in New York City.

Hofstra is on the more expensive side. But, Baruch College is a great program, and since it's a City School, it is very affordable!

• 1 month later...

Also consider the MA program at Montclair State University in NJ! It follows the scientist-practitioner model, it is right next to manhattan, it is reasonably priced, being a public school, it has FANTASTIC faculty, cohorts are typically very small (around 20 students), and if its reputation isn’t already good, it’s about to be, seeing as the school is about to launch its brand new I/O PhD program in the fall with a unique concentration on data science. I am an MA candidate in this program right now and could not speak more highly of it. I’ve never felt so supported by faculty, classmates, and alumni alike. The course material is rigorous and stats-heavy.

What are your research interests? These are all great programs, but the research focus is quite varied, and when it comes down to decision time, similar research interests are what's going to push you to the top of the list - or the bottom if there's no good match.