Chances of getting into grad school? (Low GPA)

Hi all! I’ve been very concerned about my chances of getting into an SLP masters program for a while now. I am a student at UNC-Chapel Hill and I am in the process of applying for Fall 2021 programs. My gpa is on the lower end of the spectrum. Currently I have a 3.04, and after my fall semester I expect to have a little over a 3.1. I will be able to submit the latter gpa to some schools with later deadlines, but some I will have to apply with the 3.04. My major GPA’s are much higher, I believe they are 3.5 and 3.6 (generally) as well as my CSD gpa. I am applying to schools that have either waived the GRE or have made it optional due to COVID-19. I have a leadership position in NSSLHA and in my dance team club. I am also very active in a service club on campus for children that seek medical attention. I am also in a research lab on campus. I currently have two recommendations letters from CSD professors and a SLP I have shadowed, and I will be asking for one more letter of recommendation a professor outside of the CSD department (Women’s and Gender Studies. I’m wondering how I will generally look as a candidate even with the lower GPA? I will also put the schools I am applying to below! 

Western Carolina University
UNC- Chapel Hill 
North Carolina Central University
East Carolina University
University of South Carolina
University of Virginia 
Old Dominion University 
Nova Southeastern (online)
University of Northern Colorado (online) 
Georgia State University 
Radford University 

Hey Kristin! There are schools that mainly focus on the major GPA so don't feel bad if your undergraduate GPA is low. I do want to suggest that you should try having strong LORs and they should all come from professors from the Speech Pathology department (if some have PhD its even better) Write to your professors and attach your resume and letter of intent so they know how serious you are. You might want to even set up a zoom meeting with them and talk about your experience as a student and in the field so they can write this on the LOR. This will help so much!!! When you write your letter of intent (this may look different for each school) make sure you write about your experiences RELATED to the field! I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...