Stanford EDS (Educational Data Science) Program 2021

Taro_Taro

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I am also an EDS master's applicant. I have not been contacted for an interview either. The language on the website is the same as the language for PhD applicants ("The admissions committee might contact you for an interview in order to get additional information"), so I got the impression that an interview isn't required to be admitted.

4 hours ago, zanzibar_gem said:

Hi! I am also an EDS master's applicant. I have not been contacted for an interview either. The language on the website is the same as the language for PhD applicants ("The admissions committee might contact you for an interview in order to get additional information"), so I got the impression that an interview isn't required to be admitted.

I see. Thank you so much for the reassurance! Good luck to both of us!

i haven't gotten one either. Fingers crossed! 

Honestly, I am bracing myself for a rejection, I think I had a good GPA and pretty solid letters of rec but I wasn't the most quantitatively inclined person in college so im not sure if im qualified for the course. It'll be nice to go to Stanford but I'll be okay with a rejection.

8 hours ago, stirfriedveggies said:

i haven't gotten one either. Fingers crossed! 

Honestly, I am bracing myself for a rejection, I think I had a good GPA and pretty solid letters of rec but I wasn't the most quantitatively inclined person in college so im not sure if im qualified for the course. It'll be nice to go to Stanford but I'll be okay with a rejection.

Thanks for sharing! I don't have a strong quant background in college either.. Let's hope for the best!!

I took and submitted my GRE, b/c I was pretty satisfied with my score and I think it could demonstrate my quant skills. 

Just out of curiosity, what other programs did y'all apply to? There are a lot of education+statistics programs out there, but I don't see many that have a good combination of education and data science.

Edited by Taro_Taro

hello, I'm new here :). And this is literally my first post on the forum, so apologies if I'm doing something wrong...

I've applied to learning analytics at Teachers College, Columbia University. The program is not identical to EDS but it is one that I'm interested in.

I also couldn't find too many programs (just applied to the two) that had education in combination with data science. There were many that had education + quant methods but very few that had education + data science!

Edited by etchfetch
added more info

4 hours ago, etchfetch said:

hello, I'm new here :). And this is literally my first post on the forum, so apologies if I'm doing something wrong...

I've applied to learning analytics at Teachers College, Columbia University. The program is not identical to EDS but it is one that I'm interested in.

I also couldn't find too many programs (just applied to the two) that had education in combination with data science. There were many that had education + quant methods but very few that had education + data science!

I know Learning Analytics! I almost applied to that program :) I really like its curriculum

7 hours ago, Taro_Taro said:

I know Learning Analytics! I almost applied to that program :) I really like its curriculum

What else have you applied to Taro_Taro? ^_^

Also, if you don't mind me asking, why didn't you apply to Learning Analytics? I was definitely surprised to find almost no one applying to the course on this forum. The masters program has been offered for more than 5 years if I'm not mistaken at TC. And EDS, a program that's being started only this year has many more applicants. I wonder what I'm missing ?

4 minutes ago, annie_568 said:

Hey all the best for you! You could totally apply next year:) 

Thanks annie_568 :). Also congratulations on your acceptance :D I got accepted into the learning analytics program at teachers college, which was my second choice, so I'll mostly be going there :)

8 minutes ago, etchfetch said:

Thanks annie_568 :). Also congratulations on your acceptance :D I got accepted into the learning analytics program at teachers college, which was my second choice, so I'll mostly be going there :)

Oh that's really great as well, congrats! Btw. you wrote that EDS has many applicants. How do you know?

8 minutes ago, annie_568 said:

Oh that's really great as well, congrats! Btw. you wrote that EDS has many applicants. How do you know?

Thank you :D

I meant that relative to Learning Analytics. I don't see anyone else applying to/talking about LA on this forum or anywhere else (reddit). But for EDS there seem to be at least 5-6 people on gradcafe and another 5-6 on a couple of reddit posts (possible overlap of course). So it's 1 (LA) : 10 (EDS), which was kinda strange to me ? and I was wondering if there was something I was missing?

Edited by etchfetch
format