Gates Cambridge 2021-2022

aco2

2 minutes ago, chemicalgandalf said:

Are you sure its today? Have you heard back yet Modpol?

No, I haven't heard & am not sure. But it seems reasonable to assume that they might contact some of us today - results were supposed to be announced by the end of March. Of course it's possible that there's a delay - pandemic surely doesn't make the committee's task any easier. But I do think that there's a fair chance they'll send out acceptances today, especially that deadlines for accepting other awards are also approaching.  

Social science panel, haven’t heard anything either. If we email, they won’t get annoyed right? I honestly can’t keep checking my email every minute anymore, just for the clock to hit 5pm, losing all hope and waiting for the next day to come so I can obsessively check my email every minute again. I really thought today would be the end of all of this! 

Just now, Phdcandidate2021 said:

Social science panel, haven’t heard anything either. If we email, they won’t get annoyed right? I honestly can’t keep checking my email every minute anymore, just for the clock to hit 5pm, losing all hope and waiting for the next day to come so I can obsessively check my email every minute again. I really thought today would be the end of all of this! 

I don't think they would get annoyed :) I just don't know how prompt or informative the response would be hahaha -- could be worth a shot though

Just now, Phdcandidate2021 said:

Technically they have mentioned that announcements are to be made at the end of March, I mean this is as "end of march" as it gets, its literally 31st...

So I would presume they know candidates are anxious so mailing wont have a downside. I will wait till 4:30PM and send an email, lets hope they reply.