Profile evaluation and advice for applying to MSW programs with no SW experience?

fgca

Background - 

College: B.A. Economics 

GPA: 2.7 

A huge part of the low GPA is because of depression in college. I began isolating myself a lot and because of the stigma of mental health in my community I was reluctant to seek help. When I did I was too scared to go back after 1 appointment. I have since taken several courses post under grad (which I aced :D) and currently taking graduate level courses and sought therapy. I have learned so much about myself and how to balance work, school and my social relationships.

Work Experience: Total of about 3.5 years in Accounting

Volunteer Experience: Interned for a non profit, general volunteer experience (food bank, hospital volunteer, outdoor museum, social media)

Why an MSW?: I've always wanted to be in a profession where I would be able to help people and understand why they did something, their circumstances and their culture. I think working in business has taught me a lot about the intersectionality between business and org psychology as well. Inclusion and diversity has always been a huge part of my value. Another part is that psychology was a field I had always wanted to major in since college, but with mental health being taboo in my community (especially with my parents), I appeased my parents and majored in business. This particular divide between my parents and I made me realize that I want to be the person for my younger self and that it's okay to ask for help. 

My goal is to apply to Cal States within California.

Edited by fgca
Update information