American Studies Fall 2021??

Zambfever

I got the U Michigan rejection too. I don’t feel too bad about it as I’ve heard the program isn’t placing as many graduates in tenure track positions as it once was. I’m still waiting to hear from GWU and NYU. 

Edited by sadficus

FYI I just got waitlisted to GW. They did not send an email, I just found the decision upon checking the portal. I am feeling pretty ambivalent about it, as it is my bottom choice and I have an interview coming up with my top choice, and at this point I don't think I'd attend even if I receive no other offers this year. 

13 hours ago, Aloc_xx said:

sadficus, I am in the same situation and I feel we aren’t only two who feel in that way. damn covid. I hope you’ll get into your one of top choice! fingers crossed to both of us! 

@Aloc_xxits good to hear that I'm not the only one feeling this way! Best of luck to you too! I'm trying to look at is as though if I made it this far during such a rough year, I'd be in pretty good shape during a "normal" year. So if nothing happens this season, it very well may next. 

Hey everyone! A bit late to this forum as I only just discovered this (great) website. 

I applied to 9 PhD programs in total, with 6 of these being American Studies. It's been a bit rough so far - 3 nos (Penn State, UT Austin, and GW) but one yes from Iowa. Feeling happy with Iowa but would love at one more acceptance so I can compare funding offers etc.

If anyone has heard back from Washington State or New Mexico please let me know! 

Has anyone heard from UNM yet this cycle? Seems like they're generally a little slow but reports from previous years suggest they tend to get back to folks around now. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, lunagg said:

Anyone still waiting to hear back from NYU or have just given up at this point?

Yeah, are they just not gonnna send rejections??? Cause theyre the only ones I am waiting on to know I can accept my other offer with a clear mind....

On 2/25/2021 at 3:55 PM, chivv said:

So is it certain that to get into NYU you need an interview? Or do they also accept people without interviews? Also, I saw someone on Twitter get accepted! Congrats to them!!

Hey all! New to this thread--I applied to NYU American Studies PhD. I am wondering the same thing about interviews. Are they standard for all admits? If they are going to reject me, I wish they'd do it already... 

On 3/12/2021 at 4:35 PM, Archgrad19 said:

Hey all! New to this thread--I applied to NYU American Studies PhD. I am wondering the same thing about interviews. Are they standard for all admits? If they are going to reject me, I wish they'd do it already... 

also same waiting on NYU. has anyone tried to contact them? 

• 2 weeks later...

So I emailed NYU GSAS admissions, just because I was curious, and according to them my application was "still under review by the department" which could honestly mean anything ?