McMaster University MSc eHealth Fall 2021 admission

Rohan Ghatpande

Hello,

I am in a bit of a dilemma. I recently got an offer of admissions from Ivey (at Western), and the deadline to accept the offer is March 12. However, I am very interested in this program, and want to see if I do end up getting an interview. I've asked for an extension from Western, and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I don't know what to do if I can't get this extension. Should I email McMaster?

9 hours ago, Rohan Ghatpande said:

@lebron23goat

I haven't received anything yet. Hope's diminishing real quick being an international student. I think I will end up in the US! That'll be a compromise:(

What other schools did you apply for? Sadly i only applied for Mac as I wasnt really able to find other schools that offered this program. I knew i wasnt going to get accepted to UFT so i decided not to apply there. 

@lebron23goat

I have applied to U of T for some weird reason even after knowing the failure rate of international applications there. Dalhousie changed their HI degree to MDI, Waterloo has online MHI. So the options for me were McMaster and U of T only. I have applied to a couple of top US universities too and already getting an admit there. I don't know why Canada prefers only domestic applicants, I have a rich healthcare and management background and it turns out it's useless in their eyes. Canada already seems to be a far-fetched dream now!

On 2/27/2021 at 1:23 PM, Aansa.arshad said:

Hey! That's great. When is your interview scheduled for? All the best!

Hi Aansa, 

The interview went great, just a lot of follow up questions depending on what you tell them and its all based on your past experiences, and keep in mind about some ehealth trends. There's 5 questions that they ask and you get 30 minutes, but its fairly easy, nothing to stress about. Also, everyone still waiting for interviews, they will be interviewing people for the next 3 weeks, so don't lose hope you may hear soon enough, I understand this is a very stressful time for all of us but don't lose hope so quick. I hope this helps. 

8 hours ago, Tazzy said:

Hi Aansa, 

The interview went great, just a lot of follow up questions depending on what you tell them and its all based on your past experiences, and keep in mind about some ehealth trends. There's 5 questions that they ask and you get 30 minutes, but its fairly easy, nothing to stress about. Also, everyone still waiting for interviews, they will be interviewing people for the next 3 weeks, so don't lose hope you may hear soon enough, I understand this is a very stressful time for all of us but don't lose hope so quick. I hope this helps. 

Thanks for letting us know about this! Its very helpful :)

On 3/8/2021 at 8:56 AM, Tazzy said:

Hi Aansa, 

thank you for this! I interviewed for UofT already and haven't heard anything back from them or gotten any response from Mac so I was definitely starting to lost hope!

40 minutes ago, heythere313 said:

So i emailed Mac and they said that they are still sending out interview invites and that interviews will continue till the end of March.

Still nerve-racking but a little reassuring too i guess

Hi, Thank you for the update.. fingers crossed ?

18 hours ago, healthinformatics6 said:

officially received a rejection today. good luck to everyone else!

I am so sorry to hear that. I keep hearing that the program has gotten more competitive this year. There is always another year to apply and hone your application. Did you apply to U of T or Waterloo as well?