McMaster University MSc eHealth Fall 2021 admission

Rohan Ghatpande

1 hour ago, Tasi said:

Hi, have you received an invitation for interview?? 

Yes, I just got an email today for an interview tomorrow! VERY last minute- Did not expect to receive an email over the weekend (thought I got away from my email-checking anxiety over the weekend aha)! I don't know if it's confirmed though because they have not replied confirming after asking for an interview so last minute. if i do interview, id be happy to share more about my experience for those waiting :)❤️ 

Hope everyone all the best on here ❤️ 

5 hours ago, heythere313 said:

i emailed them today and they said that the admissions committee is meeting tonight and that another round of emails should be going out tomorrow.

for those of you that interviewed, have any of you gotten an acceptance or are you still waiting?

Thank you for your update!

I applied to both U of T and Mcmaster and none of them gave me any feedback or update...I don't know if that is good news but my anxiety is building up as April is coming.

Edited by Strontium

Good day all!

Congrats to all who got accepted. I received my rejection letter today. I wish all the best to those of you that received offers of admission. To give you an idea of my background, I am an international candidate (Caribbean Applicant) that did not attend any Canadian Universities and have not lived in Canada at any point. I am currently a physician assistant and have American degrees. I only applied to Mac this year and will be reapplying next year in addition to other programs. I hope that helps others. 

Stay focused and be successful. I wish all of you the best in the future and thank you for allowing me to share in your experiences as you have shared in mine. 

All the best!

Hey everyone, I got a mail saying they are recommending me for admission to the program! I have been interviewed on 12th March and I am an international candidate from Bangladesh. Does anybody know how long  the graduate studies office takes to process and give the final offer?

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Hi everyone,

I am a domestic applicant and went to Mac for undergrad. My interview was on March 5th. I got an official letter of acceptance on March 31st. 

Good Luck to everyone who is waiting! I have heard that this year was a lot more competitive than past years so don't be disheartened if you don't get in this cycle. Now that you know what the process is like, take the time to hone your application and apply next year. Good things take time :)

Edited by Notreddit

8 hours ago, Rohan Ghatpande said:

@Notreddit Congratulations to you first of all!

Any idea about what exactly the graduate office does and the process they undertake that may consume time to send out the letters? 

Thank you! 

This isn't formally written anywhere, but I suspect that once the faculty of eHealth program like you, they recommend you to the Grad committee. Grad committee then ensures all admission requirements are met based on the criteria set by the University. See link: https://academiccalendars.romcmaster.ca/content.php?catoid=25&navoid=4667#2.1.1_Admission_Requirements_for_Master_s_Degree 

The time it takes for the Grad committee to make sure you are a suitable candidate, is responsible for the delay in sending out official letters. 

Hi , I am currently a student of eHealth

Here are some tips for interviews

Have through knowledge of what is ehealth how it's different from health information management or informatics 

Why ehealth as a course ..and y McMaster ...why not any other college

Behavioral questions ... scenario based ..use star technique ..marg and Dr lokker may take ur interview they are very nice ladies 

Most commonly asked ...tell us one scenario when u had conflict ..how did u manage and what did u learn .

On 4/4/2021 at 12:47 PM, Rohan Ghatpande said:

@Notreddit Congratulations to you first of all!

Any idea about what exactly the graduate office does and the process they undertake that may consume time to send out the letters? 

They just check for authenticity of ur transcripts ....and generate offer letter for you ...

On 3/29/2021 at 1:42 AM, Fareeha Islam said:

Hey everyone, I got a mail saying they are recommending me for admission to the program! I have been interviewed on 12th March and I am an international candidate from Bangladesh. Does anybody know how long  the graduate studies office takes to process and give the final offer?

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Does anyone know what it means on the offer letter when they say you must maintain a good academic standing in all currently enrolled courses? Like does that mean all of the courses combined need to at least meet a B+? Or does it mean that each course must at least be a B+?   

Does anyone know what it means on the offer letter when they say you must maintain a good academic standing in all currently enrolled courses? Like does that mean all of the courses combined need to at least meet a B+? Or does it mean that each course must at least be a B+?   

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/12/2021 at 2:29 PM, Sandeep delar said:

They just check for authenticity of ur transcripts ....and generate offer letter for you ...

Hi! Thanks so much for this! Do you know which courses we should do on the list they give on their website for computer sciences - for ppl with no background in compsci? THanks!