MIT - Subjects Taken

cbsag123

MIT's Ph.D. application requires applicants to fill out what subjects they've taken. The instructions say "Please list all subjects, not just those relevant to political science." My question is, do they want us to list every class we've ever taken? Every subject area we've taken classes in? It also asks to list Textbooks etc., which is information I don't have for all of my classes... Is anybody else applying to MIT? What are you putting in for this?

13 hours ago, cbsag123 said:

MIT's Ph.D. application requires applicants to fill out what subjects they've taken. The instructions say "Please list all subjects, not just those relevant to political science." My question is, do they want us to list every class we've ever taken? Every subject area we've taken classes in? It also asks to list Textbooks etc., which is information I don't have for all of my classes... Is anybody else applying to MIT? What are you putting in for this?

I hate to say this, but I would do it all.  I know it's a huge pain...but if they're asking you to do this, I would do it.  I applied to MIT last year and was rejected, but I still went thru this whole song and dance.  Sometimes you don't have textbooks, and that's okay, but I'd fill in everything you do have.  

18 minutes ago, Mr_Spock2018 said:

I hate to say this, but I would do it all.  I know it's a huge pain...but if they're asking you to do this, I would do it.  I applied to MIT last year and was rejected, but I still went thru this whole song and dance.  Sometimes you don't have textbooks, and that's okay, but I'd fill in everything you do have.  

Hi, I also have the same question. In this case, would you suggest listing ALL courses taken during undergrad and master's schools if a person has both degrees? 

I'm applying this cycle! I literally just listed every course I have taken, which was such a chore (what are transcripts for, then?) I didn't really understand what they meant by "textbook", as during my undergraduate degree I mostly read papers and books, so I wrote that no textbook was used for every course.

18 hours ago, cheetah said:

Hi, I also have the same question. In this case, would you suggest listing ALL courses taken during undergrad and master's schools if a person has both degrees? 

I would probably just list all of them, for both degrees.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, cheetah said:

I listed all the classes for my master's and bachelor's.  Definitely was a huge pain, especially because I wasn't admitted, but I would do as much as you can.  If you don't have textbooks, that's probably okay, but I'd at least list the class.