When do interview invitations get sent?

vesselym

Hello all,

I applied to microbiology and biomedical sciences programs. I don't know anyone else applying this year and I'm unfamiliar with the process. What is the general timeline for hearing about interviews? 

Also, on a side note, is it a big disadvantage to have applied close to the deadlines instead of early?

Thanks so much!

23 minutes ago, vesselym said:

Hello all,

I applied to microbiology and biomedical sciences programs. I don't know anyone else applying this year and I'm unfamiliar with the process. What is the general timeline for hearing about interviews? 

Also, on a side note, is it a big disadvantage to have applied close to the deadlines instead of early?

Thanks so much!

Programs have already begun sending out interview invitations; however, these invitations can continue through January (especially if the actual interview dates are late into the cycle).

Unless your program mentions they function on a rolling admissions basis, I don't think there is any disadvantage to applying close to the deadlines (other than running into potential, last-minute technical issues). For rolling admissions, there are arguments to be made for submitting your applications at different times.

8 hours ago, vesselym said:

Hello all,

Thanks so much!

I recommend going to the results section of this website and looking up in the past 2-3 years when your program's first interview requests were sent out (this should give you a pretty good idea of when they will come out).  This helped me better understand when my programs are most likely to release the first round of interview requests.  Just keep in mind it might be a tiny bit delayed this year because of COVID/19.

As another commenter said, it depends if the programs you applied to are rolling (if not, it should not make a difference).

Good luck with admissions this cycle! :)