Question about dual credit at community college during high school

uncertainty17

Hi everyone,

I'm posting because I'm super anxious about something that recently just happened. I'm applying to 12 schools (Chemistry PhD) and have submitted 9 of them already. However, I just remembered that I took two dual credit classes (in the humanities, with A's in both) at a local technical college during my senior year of high school four years ago. This slipped my mind during the application process and I only submitted my transcript from my undergraduate institution, and now I am in panic about being rejected/accused of academic dishonesty when it was a mistake. I've already contacted all nine of the schools a few hours ago (two of them have gotten back to me and told me I was fine), but I am still very scared that this will negatively affect me. What should I do? Will this jeopardize my application?

I panicked over this same issue a few months ago and emailed several of my schools. Every single school let me know that there is no expectation for applicants to include dual credit/IB/AP transcripts. You should be fine. I also think they'd contact you before simply throwing your application out!

2 hours ago, uncertainty17 said:

What should I do?

Take pride in the fact that you're a person of character who wants to do the right thing. Not everyone you encounter in graduate school will have the same mindset.