Extremely distressed about deadly typo in SOP for 11 schools

uncertainty17

Hi friends,

I am posting because I realized I may have made a deadly typo on my SOP that I have already submitted to 11 different schools (applying to Chemistry/Chemical Physics, specifically electronic structure theory). I am talking about my senior thesis on the Pariser-Parr-Pople (PPP) method and the novel application I am doing onto a certain class of molecules.

However, I just noticed that I had accidentally written "Parr-Pariser-Pople", switching up two of the names (they all start with P). I don't know how I didn't catch this in any of my drafts, and I don't want the adcoms to think that I'm incredibly stupid/fake/don't know what I'm doing.

I'm super upset about this and don't know what to do--do you think that I just ruined my chances to all of these schools? Please send your honest opinions/message me--I don't know what to do with myself.

No need to stress about it! The only reason "Pariser" goes before "Parr" is because i goes before r alphabetically. I don't think the admissions committee will pay any particular attention to it. Of course you know what you're doing and you're familiar with the subject - you wrote a whole thesis on it!