Typos in personal statement

cryloren

I'm rereading my personal statement and there are 2 minor typos and 1 major typo (forgot 'for' in a sentence) fml.....

Can someone:

A) Reassure me

or 

B ) teach mr how not go get my hopes that i'll get into any school?

I'm really freaking out and I don't want to be heartbroken when results come in ?

4 hours ago, cryloren said:

I'm rereading my personal statement and there are 2 minor typos and 1 major typo (forgot 'for' in a sentence) fml.....

Can someone:

A) Reassure me

or 

B ) teach mr how not go get my hopes that i'll get into any school?

I'm really freaking out and I don't want to be heartbroken when results come in ?

I'll choose Option A.

It's okay! 

While you want your personal statement to be polished, unless a typo drastically changes the meaning of the sentence, I don't think it's the end of the world. (For example, I once read about someone who noticed a major typo saying they were passionate about promoting "inequality" instead of "equality.") If it helps you feel better, I also made a couple of minor typos in my first application this year. I think it's a natural mistake when you've been looking at the same document a million times. 

If you still have some deadlines left, I would get a trusted friend to read over your writing so that they can help you catch other potential typos for the rest of your applications. The general advice, though, is to avoid reading your application materials after you've submitted them. I did that last year for my first round of applications and it definitely heightened my anxiety to an unproductive level. 

So just one more reminder: It is okay! I am reassuring you! :)

I made a very big big typo, at the last BOLDED sentence of my first paragraph. I wrote "solidified my resold to pursue.." instead of "solidified my resolve to pursue". I don't even know why I wrote those kinds of words haha. Anyway, I did this in two applications and thought I was going to die from the embarrassment. I just heard back from both schools today for an interview. I think they mostly skim those essays TBH so I wouldn't sweat it!