2021 EALC (East Asian)

Wow, I've been scrolling through existing threads for days and finally found this one! Nice to see others who are applying EALC too! ?

Edited by mokona122

4 hours ago, cosmic_chariot said:

Which schools are you applying to? It's been a excruciating long wait :(

UMichigan, CU Boulder, OSU, Harvard, UW (Seattle), UCLA, Indiana-Bloomington, WUSTL, UW-Madison, UC Irvine. And I KNOW!! Its only been 8 days and this month has felt like 1 year. I'm going crazy lol What about you?

On 1/9/2021 at 5:02 AM, mokona122 said:

UMichigan, CU Boulder, OSU, Harvard, UW (Seattle), UCLA, Indiana-Bloomington, WUSTL, UW-Madison, UC Irvine. And I KNOW!! Its only been 8 days and this month has felt like 1 year. I'm going crazy lol What about you?

Harvard, Berkeley, Stanford, Toronto, Oxford and Cambridge. And I see that you accepted OSU's offer! Congrats!

16 hours ago, cosmic_chariot said:

Harvard, Berkeley, Stanford, Toronto, Oxford and Cambridge. And I see that you accepted OSU's offer! Congrats!

Oooo nice selection! I’ve heard great things about Toronto’s program and know a few people who did their MA there. And I didn’t accept the offer; I just got notified via email that OSU accepted me :) sorry if that was misleading! Still waiting to hear from others

11 hours ago, mokona122 said:

Oooo nice selection! I’ve heard great things about Toronto’s program and know a few people who did their MA there. And I didn’t accept the offer; I just got notified via email that OSU accepted me :) sorry if that was misleading! Still waiting to hear from others

No worries! I'm happy for you that you are getting your first offer :) Meanwhile, I'm just praying for just any single acceptance T_T

11 hours ago, mokona122 said:

What have y’all been doing to kill time? Any new hobbies lol?

I just started my last semester, get to meet some friends and try my best not to swerve into the topic of application (Covid situation in my country is under-control so I get to have face-to-face lessons and meet-ups). But, most of the time is just reading and reading, and maybe watch some drama (finally catching up on 麒麟がくる ). How about you? What are you up to?

On 1/11/2021 at 10:52 AM, cosmic_chariot said:

No worries! I'm happy for you that you are getting your first offer :) Meanwhile, I'm just praying for just any single acceptance T_T

I just started my last semester, get to meet some friends and try my best not to swerve into the topic of application (Covid situation in my country is under-control so I get to have face-to-face lessons and meet-ups). But, most of the time is just reading and reading, and maybe watch some drama (finally catching up on 麒麟がくる ). How about you? What are you up to?

Thanks! And rest easy! Its still early, its just about to be mid-Jan so I'm hopeful we both will hear more soon ❤️ Any drama recommendations for a noob like me? I've been keeping myself busy with my job, so I guess that's good in that it helps time go by faster. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Another PhD applicant here!

I've been just looking at the results and I finally found this thread suffocating from the endless waiting. 

On 1/24/2021 at 12:22 PM, xyz000 said:

has anyone got three interviews from Princeton EAS this year?

I only had two interviews now, I wonder if this means that I didn't make it to the third round

2 hours ago, ssj124 said:

hi everyone, i was wondering if all programs interview? trying to gauge if I should have had contact by now... 

I only just started getting interview invites as of this Monday, so I think its still possible you'll get contacted later. But in general all PhD programs should interview, and MAs sometimes can but for the most part don't. Does that help?

4 hours ago, DesperateKid said:

Most of the interviews I had was about just providing more information about where I am coming from academically, adding on to your SOP/CV/Writing sample. 

That makes a lot of sense, thanks! I got one that's only 15 min coming up...its so short!

6 minutes ago, mokona122 said:

I only just started getting interview invites as of this Monday, so I think its still possible you'll get contacted later. But in general all PhD programs should interview, and MAs sometimes can but for the most part don't. Does that help?

yes, that's helpful! thank you :) was just trying to comb through previous years' pages to see which schools seem to interview.. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. good luck for your interviews!