NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship 2021-2022

simulatedReality

12 minutes ago, AnG3L said:

First, it's a big "IF"... So "if" someone gets the award, can that person avail it somewhere else? (e.g., not in the school that was listed as potential host)

Any thoughts on this? 

Offcourse it possible to change institute later on, unless you want to stick to the institute from which you got/ is going to get your PhD.
A friend of mine changed his institute after getting the award.  

Edited by simulatedReality

21 hours ago, simulatedReality said:

Just have received this email from NSERC. a heads up ... the notifications will be sent out shortly, this email says by Jan31 ! 
image.thumb.png.a53444571e31edc2b9d818cd53606e66.png

I received that email too. Any updates?!

and username & password emails

Edited by Spacecraft

My answer is in: I did not get it. I did not receive an email telling me the results were in. It says it was updated at 10:38. There is no score nor ranking, just this message: "J’ai le regret de vous informer que votre demande n'a pas obtenu les résultats suffisants pour être financée; vous ne recevrez pas de bourses." ("I regret to inform you that your application did not receive a sufficient score to be funded; you will not receive a fellowship"). Good luck to y'all, maybe if your file is not accessible yet, it's because you got it!

Edited by Felixt

I haven't received any notifications yet (after I got my Extranet's username and password), but I just checked my portal and a letter is uploaded showing my ranking against other applicants in my field. The letter says: "Thank you for submitting an application to the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) 2021 Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF) program. During the review process, what is ultimately judged is your application’s merit relative to that of the other applications received. Your ranking for each selection criterion, as well as your overall ranking in the Selection Committee for Scholarships and Fellowships Selection Committee for Mechanical Engineering can be found below."

Then a few general info, and signature!

Does this mean I'm rejected? I'm confused!

2 minutes ago, SMMZ said:

I haven't received any notifications yet (after I got my Extranet's username and password), but I just checked my portal and a letter is uploaded showing my ranking against other applicants in my field. The letter says: "Thank you for submitting an application to the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) 2021 Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF) program. During the review process, what is ultimately judged is your application’s merit relative to that of the other applications received. Your ranking for each selection criterion, as well as your overall ranking in the Selection Committee for Scholarships and Fellowships Selection Committee for Mechanical Engineering can be found below."

Then a few general info, and signature!

Does this mean I'm rejected? I'm confused!

For me, the file was titled Notification of Results and it clearly stated that I was offered the award. Maybe wait for some time for another letter? You should definitely be clearly informed.

26 minutes ago, Felixt said:

My answer is in: I did not get it. I did not receive an email telling me the results were in. It says it was updated at 10:38. There is no score nor ranking, just this message: "J’ai le regret de vous informer que votre demande n'a pas obtenu les résultats suffisants pour être financée; vous ne recevrez pas de bourses." ("I regret to inform you that your application did not receive a sufficient score to be funded; you will not receive a fellowship"). Good luck to y'all, maybe if your file is not accessible yet, it's because you got it!

Thanks for letting us know 

Good luck for you too

Congrats to everyone who was successful! I just saw my results and unfortunately didn't score high enough to be funded (committee 169). Does anyone know if we can access what our scores were or will those be sent in another letter?