CSULB MSW 2021 App

Cnhl19

Hi! I’m freaking out, I applied for the MSW program at CSULB for Fall 2021 and got an email from admissions saying that they received my application but my reference forms have not been matched to my application. Has anyone gotten anything similar? 

I still have not heard a thing from CSULB. I turned in my app mid-Nov and people are already getting accepted. I emailed them and they said that they are matching 1100 applications to the references. My status says that my application has been sent to my desired program, but that's been it.

I applied 11/12 and I’ve only gotten the email that they received my app. Nothing about my references or that my app is complete. When I check self-service it says they are still reviewing my transcripts. I called admissions today and they said it must not be updated and that there is no issue with my transcripts.

I'm freaking out too!

My application status says Your application has been reviewed and has been forwarded to your intended CSULB academic department for their review. Every effort will be made to provide you with a timely decision. In the meantime, be sure to check the website of your academic department for departmental deadlines and any additional required documents. Remember to check your email regularly for messages from CSULB regarding admission decisions, any upcoming deadlines, or required documents.

Mine says: 

We have received the documents needed to determine your University eligibility. The transcripts will be reviewed and if you meet the minimum requirements, your application will be forwarded to your intended CSULB academic department for their review. Be sure to also check the website of your academic department for any additional required documents that must be submitted directly to them. Continue to check your email regularly for messages from CSULB and please respond promptly.

:/

On 1/20/2021 at 10:44 AM, Cnhl19 said:

Hi! I’m freaking out, I applied for the MSW program at CSULB for Fall 2021 and got an email from admissions saying that they received my application but my reference forms have not been matched to my application. Has anyone gotten anything similar? 

I GOT THE SAME EMAIL ON JANUARY 20! I submitted my application in late November and I know my references were also submitted around that time! I'm so nervous. I hope we hear good news soon! ?

On 1/28/2021 at 8:53 AM, SWinLBC said:

Mine says: 

We have received the documents needed to determine your University eligibility. The transcripts will be reviewed and if you meet the minimum requirements, your application will be forwarded to your intended CSULB academic department for their review. Be sure to also check the website of your academic department for any additional required documents that must be submitted directly to them. Continue to check your email regularly for messages from CSULB and please respond promptly.

:/

I got the same email on the self service! I know I meet all the minimum requirement so this message made me a nervous. I hope we hear back soon!

On 1/26/2021 at 4:07 PM, gk8 said:

My application status says Your application has been reviewed and has been forwarded to your intended CSULB academic department for their review. Every effort will be made to provide you with a timely decision. In the meantime, be sure to check the website of your academic department for departmental deadlines and any additional required documents. Remember to check your email regularly for messages from CSULB regarding admission decisions, any upcoming deadlines, or required documents.

I hope you hear good news soon!! Keep us posted!

On 1/25/2021 at 11:59 PM, SWinLBC said:

I applied 11/12 and I’ve only gotten the email that they received my app. Nothing about my references or that my app is complete. When I check self-service it says they are still reviewing my transcripts. I called admissions today and they said it must not be updated and that there is no issue with my transcripts.

I'm freaking out too!

Have you heard anything yet? 

12 minutes ago, njenni said:

I GOT THE SAME EMAIL ON JANUARY 20! I submitted my application in late November and I know my references were also submitted around that time! I'm so nervous. I hope we hear good news soon! ?

Ahh! We are probably on the same timeline so we might hear back from the program around the same time! I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything! 

1 minute ago, Cnhl19 said:

Ahh! We are probably on the same timeline so we might hear back from the program around the same time! I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything! 

Yes! I'll definitely keep you posted as well! ?

8 minutes ago, Ghh2021 said:

Does anyone know of someone who has already been accepted?! I submitted 12/7 ? and nothing yet!!

Not me, but I was looking at posts from fall 2020 and people started getting accepted around the 2nd week of February, I’m hoping that will be the case this year. 

Just now, Cnhl19 said:

Not me, but I was looking at posts from fall 2020 and people started getting accepted around the 2nd week of February, I’m hoping that will be the case this year. 

I was just doing the same thing! ? I hope so too!! The anxiety is KILLER!!! 

4 minutes ago, Ghh2021 said:

I was just doing the same thing! ? I hope so too!! The anxiety is KILLER!!! 

Trust me you are not alone! I’ve been checking my email everyday hoping to hear back soon. Good luck! I hope you hear good news soon! Keep us posted! 

8 minutes ago, Cnhl19 said:

Trust me you are not alone! I’ve been checking my email everyday hoping to hear back soon. Good luck! I hope you hear good news soon! Keep us posted! 

Thank you! You too! I will definitely let you know as soon as I hear ANYTHING. Hoping for good news for you as well!! Good luck! 

2 minutes ago, Ghh2021 said:

Thank you! You too! I will definitely let you know as soon as I hear ANYTHING. Hoping for good news for you as well!! Good luck! 

Thank you! Where else did you apply? I applied to CSULB, CSUF and UCLA 

3 minutes ago, Cnhl19 said:

Thank you! Where else did you apply? I applied to CSULB, CSUF and UCLA 

I actually only applied to csulb! I got my undergrad there and love the school. It’s also the closest to my current job which I’m planning to keep while I’m in school. 

10 minutes ago, Ghh2021 said:

I actually only applied to csulb! I got my undergrad there and love the school. It’s also the closest to my current job which I’m planning to keep while I’m in school. 

Gotcha, that’s awesome! Well fingers crossed we both hear back soon! CSULB is my first choice so I’m hoping I get in

On 1/30/2021 at 12:24 PM, Ghh2021 said:

Same but 3 year! My job will help me pay for my masters program so I’m really trying to stay with the company. 

That’s a great plan! I hope you hear back soon! I’ll update this post as soon as I hear back with any news