Do POI usually get back to you regardless ?

JVoN

Heyy

so I know I should just let it go at this point, but is it common for a POI to not get back to you after an informal interview? I’ve only experienced them getting back to me either way, good and bad news. However, a top choice of mind hasn’t gotten back to me in almost a month. I’m not sure how normal this is, and I’m not sure if it’s worth reaching back out? Anyone else in this boat?

All the PIs that I had informal interviews with except one got back to me with formal interview invitations. And I am seeing in the results that the program where that one PI is is already extending their formal interviews..

I had one informal with a PI last cycle, and she got back to me to let me know that I wasn't chosen for formal interviews before she submit her list to the department. So I'd say it also depends on the PI. I definitely find the one that got back to me much nicer, and I applied to the PI again this year, and got a formal interview.

1 hour ago, pizzarollgotbusted said:

All the PIs that I had informal interviews with except one got back to me with formal interview invitations. And I am seeing in the results that the program where that one PI is is already extending their formal interviews..

I had one informal with a PI last cycle, and she got back to me to let me know that I wasn't chosen for formal interviews before she submit her list to the department. So I'd say it also depends on the PI. I definitely find the one that got back to me much nicer, and I applied to the PI again this year, and got a formal interview.

I’ve received several informal invites, and all got back to me either with “fit issues” / rejections or letting me know at least a formal interview timeline.

I know some interviews have been extended, or 1 that I know of. But I haven’t heard a peep from the PI I met with, nor any other activity. I guess I just don’t know if should reach out or not? The department itself said they’re still going through everything.. ah! It’s hard since this is a top choice of mine :(

the waiting is always the hardest!