LBJ MPAff/MGPS Fall 2021

austin24

6 hours ago, austin24 said:

Hey, guys. Starting a thread for The LBJ School 2021 admissions. Has anyone heard from LBJ yet?

I received an email yesterday saying I was waitlisted and would hear definitively by April 15th. A little disappointing but there's still hope!

21 hours ago, Shantaram said:

I received an email yesterday saying I was waitlisted and would hear definitively by April 15th. A little disappointing but there's still hope!

11 hours ago, heyhey29 said:

I received an email on the 26th that I was waitlisted for MPAff

I received an email that I was on a short, select waitlist for the MGPS program. Here's to hoping we all get accepted!

1 minute ago, warrior66 said:

Thank you! About 20 minutes ago

That's great news! I also applied to DC MPAff and have been obsessively checking the portal for an update, crossing my fingers I hear back soon. 

33 minutes ago, warrior66 said:

Got accepted to their DC MPAff program with a fellowship!

Congratulations on your acceptance! I also heard back half an hour ago, in with a fellowship! Let's wait till next week to learn more about the fellowship. Any idea on how much tuition does it cover usually from previous years' discussions? 

Edited by hope21

Congrats to all! When did you all apply? It took a while for a LOR to get theirs in, so my application didn't get completed till mid Jan -- and had an interview at the beginning of Feb. Anyone have similar process with interview? (I applied for DC MPAff)

Edited by EH4640

Still anxiously waiting to hear about the Austin based MPAff program. I've seen a few people who have been waitlisted / accepted...has anyone received or heard that someone has received a rejection? 

2 hours ago, ABP96 said:

Still anxiously waiting to hear about the Austin based MPAff program. I've seen a few people who have been waitlisted / accepted...has anyone received or heard that someone has received a rejection? 

Update! I heard that I was accepted today around 2:00 p.m. Best of luck! 

1 hour ago, ABP96 said:

Update! I heard that I was accepted today around 2:00 p.m. Best of luck! 

10 minutes ago, lilrhody said:

Update.... I got in! Accepted with fellowship for the MPAff in Austin.

Did you both receive an e-mail? I keep checking my portal and it still says "In Review." Trying not to get too nervous since it looks like they're rolling these out gradually?

Just now, Twiste said:

Did you both receive an e-mail? I keep checking my portal and it still says "In Review." Trying not to get too nervous since it looks like they're rolling these out gradually?

Yes, I got an email first and shortly after the portal updated.

15 minutes ago, lilrhody said:

15 minutes ago, lilrhody said:

16 minutes ago, Twiste said:

Yes. I think they are rolling! I noticed that some people were accepted on Saturday. Best of luck! 

45 minutes ago, ABP96 said:

Congrats! Was your fellowship information on your acceptance letter?  

Yes! Here is the exact wording: You have received a fellowship, and will receive an official letter from the fellowships office via DocuSign within the next week. Please refrain from asking questions about fellowships until you’ve received your fellowship notification.

Accepted into the MPAff program in Austin. Looks like it's a provisional acceptance and pending final approval by the Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies. I need to send in official transcripts from two of the colleges I went to. Once I send those, I'll get an official notice of admission. So I didn't get any info on funding.

Congrats to all who were also accepted