UVA Batten 2021

I ended up calling and I was waitlisted :( I think applications are up a lot this year. I also don't have a lot of policy work experience (other than a 4-month stint in government)

Edited by Franco123

3 minutes ago, Franco123 said:

I ended up calling and I was waitlisted :( I think applications are up a lot this year. 

They definitely are, which is crazy. Never fear, there's still hope!

I am about to call -- did they say when we could expect this elusive email? Should I be holding off or call too? Any insight there?

Just now, MPPNYC said:

They definitely are, which is crazy. Never fear, there's still hope!

I am about to call -- did they say when we could expect this elusive email? Should I be holding off or call too? Any insight there?

They said that it should be in the next two hours! 

Just received my email -- it also went to my Gmail promotions box, FYI

Waitlisted.  A little surprised, but yeah, a rough year.  

To those of you also WL'd -- I'm a glutten for academic punishment I guess and have actually already attended law school and have been out many years.  I applied for admission to the Fall '09 term, which to this day is still the most competitive year of LS ever thanks to the '08 crash. Lots of people were waitlisted and got off the waitlist at many placed (myself included!). Things just need to shake out and the schools don't entirely know how to adjust give the increase in applications.  

TL;DR: It's not over 'til it's over! Good luck!

Just got my mail and I'm waitlisted as well.

Feeling a bit sad. But there are quite a few other schools I've applied to and I'm sure many of you have done the same as well. Maybe all of us waitlisted in this forum will end up getting accepted eventually and become classmates ?

Stay strong and don't lose hope. And hopefully I can stay strong as well. Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone who was accepted received their email? I got a call yesterday notifying me of my acceptance, but I still haven't received my email with funding info :(

How does the funding look like for those who received it? UVA is one of my top choices. I am an international student, hence the COA is quite high even after a generous fellowship. Wondering if they offer need based aid or assistantships in the first year. Any thoughts?

Edited by hope21

2 hours ago, VBarahona97 said:

I have and got waitlisted... anyone else?

Same here, I'm going to give it a couple weeks. Luckily I have a few other options. I hope we get some good news soon.

Edited by Ravine55

On 3/8/2021 at 9:27 AM, lemonginger said:

How does the funding look like for those who received it? UVA is one of my top choices. I am an international student, hence the COA is quite high even after a generous fellowship. Wondering if they offer need based aid or assistantships in the first year. Any thoughts?

I got 30K (no GA), which is definitely nice, but still places UVA as one of the pricier schools for me. 

13 hours ago, Ontic said:

I got 30K (no GA), which is definitely nice, but still places UVA as one of the pricier schools for me. 

I'm at 40% tuition. Really love Batten's program but am also weighing funding options. It'll unfortunately come down to that for me :(

On 3/9/2021 at 7:58 PM, Ravine55 said:

Same here, I'm going to give it a couple weeks. Luckily I have a few other options. I hope we get some good news soon.

Are you planning on dropping the waitlist? That's what I'm deciding now...

11 hours ago, VBarahona97 said:

Are you planning on dropping the waitlist? That's what I'm deciding now...

I don't see any reason to unless you have other options that you prefer. There's plenty of time to get off the waitlist. People will commit to HKS, Ford, Berkeley, and others in the next couple of weeks, opening up a few slots. It's way too early to pull yourself off the list, IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...