Full ride at Syracuse vs. Ivy

I'm in the running for a scholarship at Syracuse which would give me all its tuition covered. I'm waiting to hear back from Harvard admissions and other schools' aid package. Would you guys turn down a full-ride for an ivy league school in which you'd have to pay $50K out of pocket? 

It would depend on the school and the aid package offered, but the Maxwell school is excellent, and a full-ride, especially this year, is phenomenal. 

I would take Maxwell on 95/100 occasions. 

I would think very, very seriously about taking on any debt when you have a full-ride. 

Keep your fingers crossed for Harvard and others though! 

11 hours ago, omoon said:

I would take HKS or Yale over Maxwell even if I have to pay $50k out of pocket. 
I know someone might disagree with me but I think it's worth it. Wish you all the best!

Interesting... may I ask why? Is it the name brand for you? And are you based in the states?

2 hours ago, limabeans08 said:

Interesting... may I ask why? Is it the name brand for you? And are you based in the states?

Majorly because HKS and Jackson are a tier higher than Maxwell, and I felt it would open more doors than Maxwell. The question is really about whether you could afford 50k debts and how long it would take for you to repay those debts. All of those factors are personal so I would encourage you to consider your own situation.