Central European University 2021

radetzky

Hi there, I also applied for some PhD programmes ( PolSci and Environmental Policy). I received an interview invitation for the former, but not the latter yet. Anybody know anything about the Environmental department?

57 minutes ago, vsh1996 said:

Hi there, I also applied for some PhD programmes ( PolSci and Environmental Policy). I received an interview invitation for the former, but not the latter yet. Anybody know anything about the Environmental department?

Not every programme at CEU has an interview stage, however, I have no information about Environmental Policy.

17 hours ago, moonsummoner said:

Hi again (from the Erasmus thread)!

I have applied to the Master of Public Administration (2 years).

I wanted to apply to that programme but CEU for me was some sort of a last resort/back-up option thing, so I didn't bother looking into other programmes except International Relations. Although I liked the university, I competely disregarded it until the very last week before the deadline. I do not have my hopes up to be honest, I won't be surprised even if they reject me. 

1 hour ago, radetzky said:

I wanted to apply to that programme but CEU for me was some sort of a last resort/back-up option thing, so I didn't bother looking into other programmes except International Relations. Although I liked the university, I competely disregarded it until the very last week before the deadline. I do not have my hopes up to be honest, I won't be surprised even if they reject me. 

Well, I have also applied to GEMMA (EMJMD) and picked CEU as my mobility option. They have pretty good funding options and overall high teaching standards, so I am hoping to get at least one offer. 

Hello

I applied to the masters in international public affairs and IR (both 2 years).  Hoping I get in but didn't have the best GPA in undergrad - 3.2.  Also applied to the Hertie school in Berlin, Luiss in Rome, and sciences po in Paris.  Got into LUISS, application process was a joke, and waiting on the other three. 

On 3/8/2021 at 2:38 AM, JAS2465 said:

Hello

I applied to the masters in international public affairs and IR (both 2 years).  Hoping I get in but didn't have the best GPA in undergrad - 3.2.  Also applied to the Hertie school in Berlin, Luiss in Rome, and sciences po in Paris.  Got into LUISS, application process was a joke, and waiting on the other three. 

It is not about your GPA only, as long as your motivation letter is compelling, at CEU you should be fine, I think. I applied to their 2 years IR programme in 2020 and I got rejected (might have been my motivation letter, my grades, or the fact that my BA is 4 years, not 3). Gave it another try this year. 

I was too late for Hertie and I already had a German option, so I dropped that one. 

LUISS has been targetting my Facebook for a while now. I did not even bother looking into that.

I wanted to apply to SciencesPo so bad, I started the prep the earliest. Last June actually. But in the end I dropped it. Application fee is huge and I was not entirely sure I would get in. Even if I got in, I was not sure about the scholarship. My GPA is 3.6 (out of 4.0), and SciencesPo requires above 3.5 (at least for PSIA programmes). So I stepped down.

On 3/8/2021 at 4:08 AM, JAS2465 said:

Hello

Hi! Did you hear anything back from Hertie yet?

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone! I applied to an MA in Sociology and Social Anthropology and still haven't heard back from the department. has anyone else here applied and heard anything back? rejection, waitlist, acceptance, whatever it may be. thanks!