Recommended for admission?

Hello, 

I checked my application status this evening after interviewing about two weeks ago and it said the following: 

"You have been recommended for admission to the Graduate College for the program in Counseling (MA) for the Fall 2021 semester.

Please be advised that this is not a final admission. A Graduate College evaluation and review is required to finalize admissibility.

Once this process is complete and all requirements are met, your status will be updated."

I haven't received any emails from the department or graduate college yet, though they said during the interview that admissions decisions should be made the first week of March. Does this mean I am in as long as my credentials check out with the graduate college? Is anyone able to lend some insight? Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone else applying this cycle.

I'm in I/O Psychology so takes this with a grain of salt. I was recommended for my program and was offered admission a few days later. Still, if I were you, I would still check with the program to be sure. Good luck on your application! 

1 hour ago, dressedtoimpress said:

Does this mean I am in as long as my credentials check out with the graduate college?

Typically yes, but I would just wait it out for another few days and maybe if you don't hear back by Monday or so, send an email to the point of contact for program admissions to follow up. 

1 hour ago, dressedtoimpress said:

Hello, 

I checked my application status this evening after interviewing about two weeks ago and it said the following: 

"You have been recommended for admission to the Graduate College for the program in Counseling (MA) for the Fall 2021 semester.

Please be advised that this is not a final admission. A Graduate College evaluation and review is required to finalize admissibility.

Once this process is complete and all requirements are met, your status will be updated."

I haven't received any emails from the department or graduate college yet, though they said during the interview that admissions decisions should be made the first week of March. Does this mean I am in as long as my credentials check out with the graduate college? Is anyone able to lend some insight? Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone else applying this cycle.

I think many grad programs have to phrase it this way because after applications are approved by departmental adcoms, they have to be signed off on by the dean of the graduate division (or equivalent). I've received several such emails and they've invariably resulted in official letters a few days later. 

16 hours ago, dobzhansky said:

I think many grad programs have to phrase it this way because after applications are approved by departmental adcoms, they have to be signed off on by the dean of the graduate division (or equivalent). I've received several such emails and they've invariably resulted in official letters a few days later. 

16 hours ago, PsyDuck90 said:

Typically yes, but I would just wait it out for another few days and maybe if you don't hear back by Monday or so, send an email to the point of contact for program admissions to follow up. 

16 hours ago, PsyDuck90 said:

Thank you all for your responses -- they have certainly calmed my nerves a bit!