Need some advice! Need to make a decision really soon..

h3ll0

So I have an offer that I received yesterday (March 3), and I need to respond back by March 9th. However, I haven't even heard back from any of the other universities I applied to, and I'm sure they'll come mid-end of March.

Has anyone had this experience, and what did you do? Do you think it's acceptable I email the university that I received an offer from for an extension? And/Or do you think I can email the universities I haven't received an offer from to see if they can tell me their decision earlier?

Have they really given you just 6 days to get back to them? That sounds like a really short time to make an informed decision. I would write back for an extension, I have no idea if that works (applying for the first time this cycle). But whatever offer I have received that is not US-based (and hence not a 15th April deadline) has given me time till at least March 29th. 

I really hope you get an extension, because good news might come your way soon from other schools!

Yes! They emailed the offer on March 4th, and the conditional offer said it needed to be signed by March 9th. I emailed them about an extension, because it's honestly ridiculous to me, but never heard back yet. Just got to hope for the best!

• 2 weeks later...

I was offered one which asked me to respond in 1 day...almost left me no time , even though it's a dream school, but not a dream program. I accepted and it turns out to be bad decision.

So think twice before you make your final decision, don't panic and keep calm.