Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

New to this, but just thought I'd start a thread for anyone starting at UCLA in 2021. I'll be joining the PhD programme in Islamic Studies. Very excited and nervous about coming from the UK too!

Anyone else starting at UCLA this fall?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, hindia94 said:

Hi all,

New to this, but just thought I'd start a thread for anyone starting at UCLA in 2021. I'll be joining the PhD programme in Islamic Studies. Very excited and nervous about coming from the UK too!

Anyone else starting at UCLA this fall?

I am starting an MFA  at UCLA this fall too! :) So excited. Let me know if you have questions about being an international student, I used to be one not that long ago 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hphphphp said:

I am starting an MFA  at UCLA this fall too! :) So excited. Let me know if you have questions about being an international student, I used to be one not that long ago 

Congrats! :D

Have you started thinking about accommodation etc? 

There's so much to think about lol  bank accounts, sim cards, visa... the list goes on 😮 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hindia94 said:

Congrats! :D

Have you started thinking about accommodation etc? 

There's so much to think about lol  bank accounts, sim cards, visa... the list goes on 😮 

I have sort of looked at apartments but not too seriously since school starts until October. So planning to visit LA in the coming months, and do a serious search over the summer.  I live in California already, so it’s a little easier to plan a trip. I am coming with my partner so we are open to renting a small apartment or sharing a bigger apartment or house with other people, so let’s stay in touch! 
bank accounts and phones are really easy here, very straight forward, you can do both in less than a day :) 

Edited by Hphphphp
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Hityrdh said:

Hello, 

do you know if they sent out all decisions to people who were accepted. I still have no heard back from them. 

I'd maybe contact your dept... they should know more... It does seem quite late though :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 7:08 PM, Hphphphp said:

I have sort of looked at apartments but not too seriously since school starts until October. So planning to visit LA in the coming months, and do a serious search over the summer.  I live in California already, so it’s a little easier to plan a trip. I am coming with my partner so we are open to renting a small apartment or sharing a bigger apartment or house with other people, so let’s stay in touch! 
bank accounts and phones are really easy here, very straight forward, you can do both in less than a day :) 

Hey,

I just wondered whether you know anything about driving in LA. Mainly about getting a California license as an international and whether it's necessary if I have a license from my home country?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.