Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is it bad to not accept an offer immedietely?


Recommended Posts

I have an offer right now from a school, and I am on a waitlist for another school.  I was told I would know if I was taken off the waitlist by the end of March. I like them both pretty equally, so I want to consider them both. But, I was wondering if I am alienating a potential advisor by holding onto an offer? Should I be transparent about the fact that I am considering both options? How often are you suppose to contact schools that offered you admission?? I am a first-gen student, so some of this etiquette around admission offers is foreign to me....so advice would be appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed - you are under no obligation to make a final decision before April 15.

That said - as soon as you make a decision, let them both know, don't just sit on it.  There's likely a poor soul sitting on a waitlist somewhere who will happily take the spot you reject, so be merciful to your fellow applicant and communicate your decision as soon as you make it!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.