Clarendon Oxford 2021-2022

Zeldano

It does depend on your division, so I don't know about the others, but for Humanities I don't think they have been announced.  An MSt History student claimed a couple of weeks ago to have received one, but that is very very unusual.  I would expect they would go out first week or two of April, but since everything has been pushed back this year, it could take longer.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2021 at 2:32 PM, JHSinclair said:

It does depend on your division, so I don't know about the others, but for Humanities I don't think they have been announced.  An MSt History student claimed a couple of weeks ago to have received one, but that is very very unusual.  I would expect they would go out first week or two of April, but since everything has been pushed back this year, it could take longer.

Update: The History faculty told one applicant that all "first round" Clarendon offers had been given, so I guess short of a miracle (someone turning down a Clarendon) we're out of luck on that front.  

I was told by the PI that once I formally accepted the position that then the offer would be sent to me (if there was one) with the College placement.
I formally accepted on April 6th, so I assume I will hear sometime in the next week or two about funding and College placement. 

15 hours ago, bridgmanite said:

I was told by the PI that once I formally accepted the position that then the offer would be sent to me (if there was one) with the College placement.
I formally accepted on April 6th, so I assume I will hear sometime in the next week or two about funding and College placement. 

Thanks for sharing this - I reached out to the faculty who interviewed me for any updates on the process as well, since it’s been roughly 8 weeks since my offer and I don’t know my college placement yet. I kind of hope I can get some tentative update on funding before making a decision, because that could make quite a difference! Best wishes for your funding results as well ~ 

3 hours ago, sorenerasmus said:

Thanks for sharing this - I reached out to the faculty who interviewed me for any updates on the process as well, since it’s been roughly 8 weeks since my offer and I don’t know my college placement yet. I kind of hope I can get some tentative update on funding before making a decision, because that could make quite a difference! Best wishes for your funding results as well ~ 

Thanks so much! If my project is unfunded I will be placed on an ERC funded project, that is the only reason why I accepted the position. I actually had to talk with my PI the day I had to make my decision for another university which was fully funded (project, stipend, etc). I think it helps to have a PI that wants to help you and wants you to come to their program, so if you haven't, I would contact the PI and just have a frank conversation with them about funding. Money is something I really hate talking about, but money is a deciding factor for many people including myself.

Hopefully we each here back soon about college placement. ?

On 4/8/2021 at 9:22 PM, JHSinclair said:

Update: The History faculty told one applicant that all "first round" Clarendon offers had been given, so I guess short of a miracle (someone turning down a Clarendon) we're out of luck on that front.  

Thanks for letting us know. I really trie to keep my hopes down but this is still so disappointing. Anyone heard news regarding AHRC funding?

14 hours ago, Manana said:

Thanks for letting us know. I really trie to keep my hopes down but this is still so disappointing. Anyone heard news regarding AHRC funding?

Yes, sadly AHRC is out too.  Slim pickings remain...

On 4/15/2021 at 8:53 AM, VictorS said:

Hey folks, Any updates on the clarendon results for Social Sciences Div. Looks to be already delayed as I Got a department nomination confirmation last week. 

Can you give us more info on this?  What do you mean about a 'department nomination confirmation'?  I thought the SS Clarendon awards were out a couple of weeks ago?

Last week, my department informed about my nomination for the scholarship. In that case, the new that SS clarendon awards are already out 2weeks back looks unlikely. Another offer holder from SS confirmed the same to me. Still, it would be helpful if you can share more info about it. 

1 hour ago, JHSinclair said:

Can you give us more info on this?  What do you mean about a 'department nomination confirmation'?  I thought the SS Clarendon awards were out a couple of weeks ago?

Last week, my department informed about my nomination for the scholarship. In that case, the new that SS clarendon awards are already out 2weeks back looks unlikely. Another offer holder from SS confirmed the same to me. Still, it would be helpful if you can share more info about it. 

6 minutes ago, VictorS said:

No, sorry, your information sounds a lot more reputable!  I’m just going off some rumours on The Student Room.  Also, lucky you that your faculty informs you that you have been nominated, that seems rare in humanities.  Good luck!

Edited by JHSinclair

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, mrjamesphilip said:

MPhil in Music offer holder here! Any further updates on Clarendon for the humanities division yet? To my knowledge they have not been released, but it is now much past the advertised early April announcement date...

Why do you know that they have not been released??

On 4/26/2021 at 2:38 PM, mrjamesphilip said:

MPhil in Music offer holder here! Any further updates on Clarendon for the humanities division yet? To my knowledge they have not been released, but it is now much past the advertised early April announcement date...

According to the History faculty they have been released already.  At least the "first round" (which may be like last year where there was some matching to already awarded scholarships later in the summer)