Funding for int students

Hi everyone,

I was accepted to a school with an almost full tuition waiver but there are still some things that are not covered (health insurance, some fees) plus relocation. I am wondering whether there are any fellowships or grants or something to help me cover that? It's Master's, art history, medieval.

Many many thanks in advance!

Very few schools cover relocation. Most schools require you to pay a certain percentage of health insurance and some require you to pay additional fees. I'd inquire within the university to see if they offer health insurance and to clarify if it's included as part of your package. Are they providing a stipend? If they aren't, there's a higher chance that the above won't be included. 

I'd also inquire with your current professors to see if they know of any professional organizations who might be able to provide additional funding and what the requirements would be to apply for said funding. Best of luck to you!

On 4/3/2021 at 2:49 PM, Warelin said:

Very few schools cover relocation. Most schools require you to pay a certain percentage of health insurance and some require you to pay additional fees. I'd inquire within the university to see if they offer health insurance and to clarify if it's included as part of your package. Are they providing a stipend? If they aren't, there's a higher chance that the above won't be included. 

I'd also inquire with your current professors to see if they know of any professional organizations who might be able to provide additional funding and what the requirements would be to apply for said funding. Best of luck to you!

The school has to offer health insurance to international students because health coverage is a requirement on the F1 visa, but most likely OP will have to pay for it. That's about 2k.

I have never heard of a school paying for relocation. 

16 hours ago, ExponentialDecay said:

The school has to offer health insurance to international students because health coverage is a requirement on the F1 visa, but most likely OP will have to pay for it. That's about 2k.

I have never heard of a school paying for relocation. 

Sorry for asking, but what is OP? No, they have explicitly stated on their financial offer that they would not cover health insurance. 

• 2 years later...