CJackson15

Question

Hi All -

From the website, Carleton U's MSW program sounds competitive. I want to apply to the two-year program with foundational year, as my background is psychology. 

I meet all the standard requirements. I have WELL over the recommended hours to be considered competitive - I've been working in human services full-time for almost 6-years. However, I am still nervous to apply to a competitive program after being waitlisted for Laurier U's MSW program. I would expect Laurier's program is more competitive because it's distance education, but I'm still wondering if anyone could weigh in on this?

Carleton also asks for reflection on personal identity and how it helps understand self and society... does this mean they give special attention to BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and persons with disabilities? (To be honest I HATE writing about my personal struggles because it always leads me to question if my struggles or identity are significant enough...) 

Right now, I'm thinking I want to apply to Carleton and University of Manitoba's distance program. I am hesitant to re-apply for Laurier, as I was told I met all requirements, just needed more experience. 

Thank you all in advance for your input and experience!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet