Profile review request

arpit4902

College: IIT ( ranked among top 3 in India )

GPA: 7.8/10 ( 3.12 on a scale of 4 )

BSc in Maths ( 2021 graduate )

Minors in Machine Learning: Courses - Data structure algorithms (B grade), Intro to Machine Learning ( A grade ), Bayesian ML (A grade)

Minors GPA: 9.2/10 (3.68 on a scale of 4)

GPA in last three semesters (out of 8 sems) : 9.3 (3.72), 9.5 (3.8), 9.2 (3.68)

I am confident that I can get a good score in GRE and TOEFL which I will give this year.

I also have perfect grades in CS and Economics elective courses ( Database systems, Cryptology, Financial economics, Intro to economics)

My GPA is low mostly because of compulsory abstract math courses which I hated and few stats courses offered by my maths department

I don't have any publications but I have done some research projects in my courses related to machine learning.

I will be starting my job as a data scientist in a startup in the next few weeks but I want to pursue higher studies abroad.

What different programmes can I consider in the US and outside US (Canada, Europe, Singapore, Japan)? I don't think I have any chance in any of the top 25 universities. I am searching for Data Science programmes or CS or Statistics programmes with the freedom to choose core ML electives and good career opportunities.

Will my good GPA in the last few semesters or minors in ML give me an advantage in some universities?

Also, none of my professors knows me personally but I might be able to get one academic LoR and one recommendation from my corporate internship.

Edited by arpit4902