Hi. I am looking to apply for New York State SLP license and I am licensed in New Jersey. I would like to know if I can get NYS license based on the NJ license that I already have. Thanks.

I commented this on reddit, but I can actually provide the links in gradcafe:

In short, yes, & the process is seeking licensure by endorsement.

This is where you can find the forms: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/slpa/speechforms.htm (you'll need to complete all 4)

This is the info about licensure by endorsement:

"Licensure by Endorsement in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology If you hold a license in speech-language pathology or audiology issued by another jurisdiction, you may be eligible for licensure by endorsement in New York State by either Path A or B:

Path A

If you are seeking licensure by endorsement of a license in speech-language pathology or audiology issued by another jurisdiction of the United States, you will need to meet the following requirements:

• meet the requirements of Section 59.6 of the Commissioner’s Regulations;
  • complete an acceptable program in speech-language pathology or audiology that includes a practicum and a minimum of 60 semester hours in speech-language pathology or audiology, as applicable;
  • have at least two years of acceptable professional experience in speech-language pathology or audiology, as appropriate, provided that such experience occurs following licensure in such jurisdiction and within six years immediately preceding application for licensure by endorsement in New York State;
  • have a passing score on the Specialty Area test of the Praxis Series, Praxis II, administered by the Educational Testing Services (ETS);
  • hold certification from an acceptable certifying agency such as the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA); and
  • be in good standing as a licensee in each jurisdiction in which you are licensed to practice speech-language pathology or audiology."

- NYSED, http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/slpa/speechlic.htm