Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

For those of us still waiting for letters to be sent out... just a few words of encouragement. We've already made it halfway through April! That wasn't so bad! Remember when we were freaking out in March? We can do it, just a couple more weeks hopefully!

For those of us still waiting for letters to be sent out... just a few words of encouragement. We've already made it halfway through April! That wasn't so bad! Remember when we were freaking out in March? We can do it, just a couple more weeks hopefully!

Nothing in the mail for me today (Salt Lake City). Other Bangladeshers?

Despite all this waiting (y'all will hear soon!), please check to make sure the information on the spreadsheet is correct!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AriON5PQlVdtdHlKMUhJYlo0bEVXREcxdlJVYUFibnc&hl=en&authkey=CNHpkd4P

No need to sign in. If there is an error (there probably is after that last spreadsheet fiasco), email fulbright2011.2012@gmail.com! So when you get your acceptances we can just plug 'em in! Thanks guys!

NOOOOOOOO! Alternate for India. Dammit, all I wanted was for this waiting to end..... This is ridiculous. Well, like everyone's been saying, time to move on right?

Edited by srasnak

Here's an interesting read for Egypt applicants.

Edit: and another one

well, as someone whose application was rejected at the government level last year, i feel a little better knowing that a full 40 % of finalists were similarly turned down. There is some kind of a weird comfort in knowing my project wasn't 'singled out'? thanks for sharing that!

Any word on the rest of SE Asia? What is this person's contact may I ask?

For anyone applying to Thailand, I was informed by the East Asia program manager today that notifications went out earlier this week. Shouldn't be long!

Besides the Germany ETA group, is there a Facebook group for the full grantees to Germany? Hmm? Just wondering! Thanks!

Hey, my info is correct! The Germany ETA group is dead, like Fred, so perhaps someone should just start a group for 2011-2012 Germany Grantees?

Hey fellow Iceland applicants--- I made a few phone calls today, and it sounds like the letters went out in the mail yesterday! The wait is almost over!

SO glad to hear they were sent out! Thanks!

Received an alternate letter today for New Zealand. Pretty bummed, especially since it means more waiting. If there are 10 spots, up to 20 people could have been finalists. I am wondering how many are alternated versus rejected. Also, on the New Zealand Fulbright website it says that 12 people were chosen for awards in 2010, even though there were only 10 spots listed on the Fulbright website. So hopefully that means 2 alternates were offered spots after more funding came through. I'm hoping that will happen again, but it probably won't due to the recent turn American politics has taken.

If you are waiting to hear about Sri Lanka I e-mailed Cara and go this response:

Hi --,

I am hoping to send out notifications this week or early next week for Sri Lanka.

Thanks,

Cara

Cara G. Doble

Program Officer – Germany, South and Central Asia

U.S. Student Fulbright Programs

Hopefully our waiting will soon be at an end!!!

Okay well at least she has given us some prospective!!

For the other person on the forum waiting on Estonia, I received my letter today (I'm in Massachusetts). They designated me as an alternate, but I will probably withdraw, as I have to commit to grad school funding by Wednesday. Good luck to everyone else!