Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

Hi Everyone,

I added an "interview" section to the spreadsheet. I think it would be interesting to see how many people get the scholarship after the interview or how many did not have to interview at all.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I added an "interview" section to the spreadsheet. I think it would be interesting to see how many people get the scholarship after the interview or how many did not have to interview at all.

Thanks

Thanks for that! I also made some minor edits so people have more direction/know what to put. I know there are a variety of different programs that require interviews and some that are just b/c of the country or b/c of ETA. And some are in the country's language. So I added those. For those who haven't yet added their information our spreadsheet, here is the link:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tyJ1HIbZ4lEWDG1vRUaAbnw&authkey=CNHpkd4P#gid=0

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

This is my first time on the forum. I was wondering if any of you got a confirmation that they had received your transcripts. I was abroad so I had the school send it in and I was expecting some sort of confirmation email that they received it...

Thanks!

research in art history. yourself?

If any of you applied for the DAAD Graduate/Research grant (i.e. Germany), check your emails! Looks like I got a DAAD Graduate Study grant! So at least there's something if Fulbright falls through, right? Does anyone know how much DAAD is? I heard it was the same as Fulbright?

If any of you applied for the DAAD Graduate/Research grant (i.e. Germany), check your emails! Looks like I got a DAAD Graduate Study grant! So at least there's something if Fulbright falls through, right? Does anyone know how much DAAD is? I heard it was the same as Fulbright?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I bet you can rest a little easier.

Is anyone going to Austria? I got my acceptance email and letter two weeks ago. It's a combined research/ETA grant. They seem to pretty fast, so I'm wondering if anyone else knows if they're going.

That is awesome! You must be one of the first to find out.

Is anyone going to Austria? I got my acceptance email and letter two weeks ago. It's a combined research/ETA grant. They seem to pretty fast, so I'm wondering if anyone else knows if they're going.

Wait are you saying that you've received the grant or that you found out you're a finalist?

I received the grant. I was surprised they were making their decisions so early. I also had to let them know by 3/15 if I was accepting the offer.

I'm applying to Austria (ETA only) as well as Germany, although from the spreadsheet last year the ETA only people didn't hear back until the beginning of April. Congrats to you, though!

First time on the forum....Hi moni185 Same Here! I received an email notification that I was a finalist a week sooner then I was expecting. Then I was waiting for March 1st to start the anxiety-ridden wait...Then out of the blue (about three weeks ago), I get a conspicuously thin letter size envelope from IIE. It immediately "felt like" rejection since I had no idea that something so thin could be good news. I was accepted and two days later got the letter from AAEC stating I received a combined award as well. I am delighted to see another Austria grantee!

Alright guys, I don't know who keeps doing it, but Bahrain, while part of "Eurasia", is supposed to be Middle East/North Africa. Please stop changing it on the spreadsheet. Please?

Lol. Thanks for keeping an eye out on the spreadsheet. People are doing strange things and I can't sort by column C anymore. But I can sort by countries. It's strange. I might need to revert to an older edition where I can still sort (yes, I do have that power in case some sleeze ball explodes our spreadsheet). So maybe in the whee-hours when no one else is working on it I'll do some touch ups! Thanks guys!

All,

Someone brought to my attention that people were changing people's names on the spreadsheet to offensive words (e.g. line 8 and 18). So please look over the information on the sheet to make sure the information is correct. I have the ability to revert and see older editions and can look up who these people were before they were so pleasantly changed by some very nice people (NOT). I might need to restrict access to this spreadsheet if this keeps happening. But really, how old are we? Whatever.

Right now the sheet is public. But I think I'll just keep a better eye out and look through more editions throughout the day. Thanks!

crimson

Edited by crimsonengineer87

All,

Someone brought to my attention that people were changing people's names on the spreadsheet to offensive words (e.g. line 8 and 18). So please look over the information on the sheet to make sure the information is correct. I have the ability to revert and see older editions and can look up who these people were before they were so pleasantly changed by some very nice people (NOT). I might need to restrict access to this spreadsheet if this keeps happening. But really, how old are we? Whatever.

Right now the sheet is public. But I think I'll just keep a better eye out and look through more editions throughout the day. Thanks!

crimson

Some names as well as country locations have been changed-- it looks like someone might be trolling it. I just went through and changed some of the country locations back to normal (bored in the library, haha) but you definitely should go through and make sure your name is correct.

I'm obsessed with them too.....i can't wait until the first updates start trickling in. AHHHHHHHHH!

Finalist for Morocco ETA here! I haven't heard anything yet about a final decision, but I'm not OBSESSED with those spreadsheets.... :)

Finalist for Morocco ETA here! I haven't heard anything yet about a final decision, but I'm not OBSESSED with those spreadsheets.... :)

Ahh I'm a Morocco ETA finalist too, and I'm dying waiting!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!!!

Can you please send me the link to that Fulbright 2011-2012 facebook group?

Hey, I saw on the facebook fulbright page that someone who is a ETA finalist for Nepal was recently notified that she needed to do a skype based interview thing. Reading that made me wonder if an interview is typical for most ETA finalists? I suppose it's something that varies from country to country. I was recommended to Sri Lanka. Maybe I just need to calm down and stop thinking about all this stuff. It's almost impossible not to.

Hi all, to those who applied to the Middle East, I got another update from Jermaine Jones regarding Egypt (I would assume the situation may be similar in other countries). He said the Egyptian Fulbright Commission has moved on in the selection process, sort of business as usual -- BUT, the government still has to approve the finalists, and no one has any idea when that might happen. So I'm guessing ETAs to middle eastern countries will probably find out in a normal time frame, since you guys don't need government clearance? But for those of us who applied for research grants, my advisor at school said we might even wait until July or later.

i very honestly don't think I can survive the wait. I hope a lot of you start finding out soon so I can live vicariously through you!

First time on the forum....Hi moni185 Same Here! I received an email notification that I was a finalist a week sooner then I was expecting. Then I was waiting for March 1st to start the anxiety-ridden wait...Then out of the blue (about three weeks ago), I get a conspicuously thin letter size envelope from IIE. It immediately "felt like" rejection since I had no idea that something so thin could be good news. I was accepted and two days later got the letter from AAEC stating I received a combined award as well. I am delighted to see another Austria grantee!

Me too! Do you know what city you will be living in? I applied to do research in Vienna, and they said I would be teaching there as well. What's your research focus? I'm going to translate contemporary Austrian poetry.

Thanks for the update Ranita. I'm worried about what's happening in Lybia and what effect it could have on the entire region in the case of a NATO intervention or in case everything just ends up imploding (more so than it already has, I mean).

So far for Morocco tout va bien, apart from a few small protests that never ended up snowballing into anything big... And the king said he'd hold a constitutional referendum, so that's a good sign, right? Right? Inshallah...

Hi all, to those who applied to the Middle East, I got another update from Jermaine Jones regarding Egypt (I would assume the situation may be similar in other countries). He said the Egyptian Fulbright Commission has moved on in the selection process, sort of business as usual -- BUT, the government still has to approve the finalists, and no one has any idea when that might happen. So I'm guessing ETAs to middle eastern countries will probably find out in a normal time frame, since you guys don't need government clearance? But for those of us who applied for research grants, my advisor at school said we might even wait until July or later.

i very honestly don't think I can survive the wait. I hope a lot of you start finding out soon so I can live vicariously through you!

Me too! Do you know what city you will be living in? I applied to do research in Vienna, and they said I would be teaching there as well. What's your research focus? I'm going to translate contemporary Austrian poetry.

I chose to do research in Salzburg studying the relationship of historical social dance gestures to classial music. I have sent in the medical clearance paperwork...I wonder if there are any further steps??? I have resisted the temptation to tell everyone yet until I know the clearance and documents are all approved, etc. I am bursting at the seams...but it will be worth it knowing it's official!