Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

I think I speak for most of us when I say...

@#@*#URIWEPUWIERWPIOFJWIOEFPJWEFIWEFPOWIERUOWIERIOWEFJPWEFJOIPWEFOIEWFJPWEOIFJWEIOTWPUEORIWUERWOIURWEPORIFJIWOEPJF WHERE IS MY LETTER

So tired of waiting...

And to make things worse, today I received an email from my fulbright advisor's office entitled "Fulbright Status." Heart pounding, I opened the email only to see a request to let them know when I found out. Ugh.

Hahaha...I got the same email from my university's office--same subject line, same pounding heart, same desire to shout at the screen when I realized they had no more idea what was going on than I did. (I'm waiting on Mexico, myself...still don't know, still losing countless hours from checking my email every ten seconds.) rolleyes.gif Good luck!

Rooting for you! I'm not too familiar with the ETA process but I understand ETA grantees do some sort of work in the community outside of teaching? What are you planning to do? I'd be interested to hear about it!

I just wrote that I wanted to volunteer at an orphange and also learn about the religion by being involved in community ceremonies (specifically how it has changed over time and why).

And to make things worse, today I received an email from my fulbright advisor's office entitled "Fulbright Status." Heart pounding, I opened the email only to see a request to let them know when I found out. Ugh.

From your screen name I'd say we go to the same school, and that email almost gave me a heart attack.

Hey Guys,

I think Korea made their decision!! I've been watching the Korean Fulbright website every day like a hawk. They put up a new notification today saying:

KAEC is pleased to announce in this document its annual competition for Fulbright awards for the 2011-2012 academic year. Over 220 awards (including new and renewal) will be made to Koreans and Americans this year for graduate study, lecturing, research, English teaching, American Studies Institutes, or international education. Applicants for these awards must be citizens of either the Republic of Korea or the United States, as appropriate, at the time of application.

Check the website: http://www.fulbright.or.kr/xe/grants

HA! I can't read Korean, but that sounds about right! Kudos to you for being awesome!

Has anyone gotten in touch with a contact person for Poland as applicants have for other countries?

So... should we agree to wait until next Wednesday (03/30) or something, and then if none of us Poland applicants have heard, email Rachel?

So... should we agree to wait until next Wednesday (03/30) or something, and then if none of us Poland applicants have heard, email Rachel?

I like this plan! I was thinking about sending an email on Monday. It is a shame they don't put updates on the Polish Fulbright website like the other countries :(

Hi all,

I've been following this board for a while, but I hadn't posted yet (I finally caved in today). In any case, is anybody else a finalist for Australia?

Good luck to all the other candidates!

Okay, so patience is not a virtue I posses and I didn't want to wait until Monday: I emailed Rachel about Poland and she said that they will probably be sent out next week!

Thank you for your impatience!! It feels like forever to wait until then, but at least now I can have a somewhat relaxed weekend of not checking my email and mailbox. :)

Thank you for your impatience!! It feels like forever to wait until then, but at least now I can have a somewhat relaxed weekend of not checking my email and mailbox. :)

yes, thank you so much! so next week....ahh, hope my sanity holds out until then!

Okay, so patience is not a virtue I posses and I didn't want to wait until Monday: I emailed Rachel about Poland and she said that they will probably be sent out next week!

Thanks for emailing! I applied to Poland too and have been worrying non-stop. At least now I can enjoy the weekend and wait until next week to freak out...

I also caved and e-mailed J. Jones and asked about Morocco notifications and about the status of the program for next year because of all the unrest in the Middle East. I'm sure Morocco is fine, but maybe he'll mention something about the status of other programs in the Middle East. I'll let you guys know if he does!

Last year Morocco applicants heard around 3/10-3/15, so hopefully soon. Ahh.

Edited by jazzz

Thanks for emailing! I applied to Poland too and have been worrying non-stop. At least now I can enjoy the weekend and wait until next week to freak out...

Just noticed a few of us Poland people are online right now... interested in chatting in the chatroom? I'd love to know who some of the other applicants are, regardless of the eventual outcome for all of us!

I'm curious if any other Scandinavian applicants applied for ASF funding, particularly Iceland?

I did not apply to Iceland, but I applied to Norway. Funny enough I did not apply for ASF, which in hindsight was really not a smart move. I do not know what I was thinking, but my plans were much less clear back then. Did you apply for ASF, and any other scandinavian applicants out there?

Good luck, hopefully we will hear soon! All Norway people had heard back by this time last year :(

I thought it would be better if I didn't look at the spreadsheet and just looked at this site, but this is even worst!!! hahaha

I'm waiting to hear back from Spain for ETA, but they made decisions so late last year that I don't even know.

So, I told everyone that I wouldn't know until June so they wouldn't ask me about it. Thus, I am suffering alone except for the one or two friends who know I could get notice any day. Those friends are probably tired of hearing me whine. :)

Anyway, does anyone else have a really uncomfortable sense of trepidation whenever they look at the spreadsheet? I try to limit it to three times a day. Whenever I scroll down to my country, I'm not sure if I'll be more relieved to find out that other people have found out or if no one knows. I would be a nervous wreck knowing that other people received their letters and waiting the extra day or two to get mine.

Been there. Felt that. Except my advisor sends one out at least once a week. -___-

I think I speak for most of us when I say...

@#@*#URIWEPUWIERWPIOFJWIOEFPJWEFIWEFPOWIERUOWIERIOWEFJPWEFJOIPWEFOIEWFJPWEOIFJWEIOTWPUEORIWUERWOIURWEPORIFJIWOEPJF WHERE IS MY LETTER

So tired of waiting...