Fulbright 2011-2012

crimsonengineer87

ReadtoWin I completely identify with your level of excitement and passion for the fulbright fellowship. Actually I just finished reading the 2010-2011 fulbright orientation handbook haha. Obsessed much? But try to focus on other things to take your mind off of the angst. To be honest, coming on this forum might not be that helpful. The amount of stress and anxiety from our fellow finalists can only make matters worst. I know this website certainly stresses me the hell out. :)

even still I can't stop myself. sigh

Thanks. I didn't know there was a manual available. Is it online?

Indonesia. Were you the person who was having trouble getting in touch with the program manager? I can't remember if it was you or not who posted a few pages ago that they tried to contact him and could not get a response. If so, did he reply?

No, that was me. And he never did reply. I am sure he is probably really busy right now, but still.

Yes. It is not loading completely and someone keeps changing the information around. Not to mention, they are writing inappropirate comments .

Just got my letter in the mail, I am an alternate for Norway. Other Norway applicants should probably find out soon.

Could have been worse, but still, MORE WAITING... thanks. Just going to start planning my life as if I did not get it, I guess.

Good luck to everyone else.

Just got my letter in the mail, I am an alternate for Norway. Other Norway applicants should probably find out soon.

Could have been worse, but still, MORE WAITING... thanks. Just going to start planning my life as if I did not get it, I guess.

Congrats on getting an alternate position. I'm sorry that you still have to wait, though. Did you get an email in addition to the letter?

By the way, I also really love Karl Johans gate in Oslo. Hopefully we'll both get to spend some time there next year!

Looks like someone just found out about ETA for Germany according to the spreadsheet?

Sorry for creeping--I'm waiting on the same thing.

Also, congrats to the person who got it!

As far as I know, Germany ETA's are still hanging in the dark. No information what so ever. Hoping to get a letter this week. I did email Cara on Friday, regarding something else, but hoping she will give a hint as to when we will here. I can't believe it is so much later than last years notification. I was really hoping we would hear by March, but hopefully soon! Let me know if you hear anything!

Edited by Elizabeth89

Looks like someone just found out about ETA for Germany according to the spreadsheet?

Sorry for creeping--I'm waiting on the same thing.

Also, congrats to the person who got it!

AH! YOU'RE RIGHT!

Now I'm freaking out again! This had not better be a late Aprils Fool thing!

Congratulations on the alternate position! Though this just means that you're going to have to wait even longer - rough.

Since you're a fellow Miamian... what day was your letter postmarked? It looks like the spreadsheet is being strange again and I don't see you now but saw you listed the other day. I'm hoping if yours was sent out Friday, I'll also be getting my letter today.

And... nevermind: I see that it was sent out Thursday, so I'll probably be getting mine tomorrow. Time to breath...

Edited by Caro_Ellen

Congratulations on the alternate position! Though this just means that you're going to have to wait even longer - rough.

Since you're a fellow Miamian... what day was your letter postmarked? It looks like the spreadsheet is being strange again and I don't see you now but saw you listed the other day. I'm hoping if yours was sent out Friday, I'll also be getting my letter today.

And... nevermind: I see that it was sent out Thursday, so I'll probably be getting mine tomorrow. Time to breath...

Did you apply for a full or ETA grant to Norway?

Me? Full grant to Italy - but our letters were sent out Friday afternoon. I believe Norway2011 applied for a full to Norway.

I see...sorry I thought you were a fellow Norway applicant! Good luck on your application to Italy!

Congrats on getting an alternate position. I'm sorry that you still have to wait, though. Did you get an email in addition to the letter?

By the way, I also really love Karl Johans gate in Oslo. Hopefully we'll both get to spend some time there next year!

Thanks :) At least it was not a "no"! Nope, just the letter but they said they will call or email if a grant opens up! Have you heard yet?!

ETA! I haven't seen any other ETA applicants to Norway on the board...congrats on your alternate status!

Thanks :) Hopefully I will get off the alternate list, fingers crossed! Good luck to you, I think you should hear very soon! Keep us updated!

ANYONE hearing back from Germany ETA today, will you post with where you're located? Freaking out here in Chicago! Have been waiting so long to hear back and just want to know when to anticipate my letter...

HOLY CRAP guys, I'm waiting to hear back about the Germany ETA and I'm stuck at work until 4pm just dying inside wondering if this envelope will be in my mailbox when I get home. Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap.

South Africa - I emailed Jermaine Jones today, knowing that last year they found out on 4/11, thinking theoretically they should know something if we were a week out, and he still has no information!!!!

HOLY CRAP guys, I'm waiting to hear back about the Germany ETA and I'm stuck at work until 4pm just dying inside wondering if this envelope will be in my mailbox when I get home. Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap.

Totally feel your pain. The all-knowing spreadsheet says an Italy person was notified today. My mail doesn't come until about 6:30 on any given day - why can't today be an exception?!?

I just spoke with Cara Doble over the phone and she said that all German ETA notifications have in fact been sent out, provided that you are not missing anything (PAD app or transcripts).